Notifications
Clear all

How Do I Prevent Butt Acne?

MemberMember
(@fgbzdkjfm)

Posted : 05/20/2014 11:01 pm

So, after trying a million different home remedies, I finally found that washing my bum with Head & Shoulders shampoo works to get rid of the pimples. I also realized that to prevent more pimples from appearing, I need to drink my 8 cups of water a day and avoid really greasy foods. So, I'm doing both tasks diligently and most days everything is going great. I noticed though, that about once a week, maybe a little less, I get a random outbreak. It's not the end of the world or anything, since I now know how to get rid of it quickly, but it's really annoying on those days that they happen (and it's always on the most inconvient days, of course). I tried to figure out if there's anything different I'm doing on these specific days or the days leading up to them, but I have found no pattern.

Is there anything else I could try that wouldn't be on the first two pages of Google? (Since I looked before making an account and trying this.) I've tried so many things and nothing is working!

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 05/22/2014 3:16 am

Sounds like you have a bit of folliculitis. I have this condition also, and use an anti fungal shampoo with ketoconazole. The outbreaks can be triggered by physical irritation/ pressure/ rubbing to the affected area. At times when the issue flares up are you doing more sitting than normal? Or wearing tighter pants?