Notifications
Clear all

19 F/mild-Moderate Acne

MemberMember
(@taylorswiftlover123)

Posted : 05/20/2014 8:11 pm

Hello all.... I am writing this to share my experience with you. I have struggled with acne since I was 12, and I am now 19. I have been on retinoids, antibiotics, basically everything.

Day 2

My skin is breaking out a lot. I am not sure if this is due to the topicals being stopped, or the Accutane itself. I believe it is the topicals. I have a large zit on my forehead, and about five smaller ones all around my face. I have a large zit near my mouth.

Products I am using:

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Cetaphil Moisturizer SPF 15

Cerave Cream

Aquaphor(Lips and dry places)

I have only experienced headaches so far.

I would love it if anyone else is just starting treatment to discuss their experience!

MemberMember
(@soaruphigh)

Posted : 05/21/2014 6:55 am

Hello and welcome!

Many of us here are experiencing the initial outbreak as well, so don't feel that you're alone! Try to avoid humid places lest the inflammation worsens! Personally, one cup of green tea per day is helping slightly in terms of calming my skin (I suffer from a little redness around my T zone), so maybe you might want to give it a shot.

Nevertheless, trust in this pill and don't lose hope when you're experiencing darker days!

Cheers!

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/21/2014 10:14 am

Heyy !

I'm 19/F with mild but persistent acne too. It's my 16th day, and this drug already made a difference, so try and not worry about the IB and look forward for the day your skin will be flawless :) I take 20 mg a day , what mg do you take ?

MemberMember
(@taylorswiftlover123)

Posted : 05/21/2014 11:13 am

Thanks friends! Soaruphigh, what day are you on and what mg? Newslang I am taking 40 mg! How is your skin doing? It is great to have support!!

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/21/2014 4:51 pm

My skin feels like it's getting better overall ! :) you can check out my topic for daily information.

MemberMember
(@taylorswiftlover123)

Posted : 05/21/2014 9:33 pm

Day 3

The headaches have mostly gone away, but that could be because I am drinking a lot more water. My face is alright, I have a big painful zit on my forehead, a few on my chin, and one of my nose. I haven't had dry skin or dry lips yet, but that could be because I post aquaphor on my lips frequently and moisturize with cerave cream morning and night. I just wish the medicine would kick in! I feel like i am not doing anything to treat my acne since the accutane has not kicked in and i can't use topicals.

MemberMember
(@taylorswiftlover123)

Posted : 05/25/2014 10:12 pm

Day 7

Sorry it has been awhile guys. I am on Day 7, and I am on vacation. I haven't noticed dry lips or less oil yet. Before starting Accutane, I had dry flaky skin from years of BP and retin a use. Makeup has been a challenge, and still is. I use Cetaphil SPF 15, Cerave Cream, and I recently started with Jojoba Oil. I haven't seen much difference, anyone have experience with Jojoba oil? I seem to notice some small flesh raised bumps, but I can't really tell. Could be the Accutane. I haven't had any huge breakouts, just the small flesh bumps for now.

MemberMember
(@taylorswiftlover123)

Posted : 06/01/2014 10:31 am

Day 13

I am sorry I have not updated in awhile! I was on vacation. So my skin has not necessarily broken out, but I do have VERY itchy skin on my face. i moisturize 3-4 times a day with cerave cream, and use aquaphor at night, but it is still so itchy! I also have a lot of little bumps on my face that attribute to the itchiness, because they aren't pimples. I am debating if i should go see my doctor, because the itching is terrible! My lips are chapped, but they aren't incredibly bad. Besides that, I have not really noticed any other side effects, except maybe being tired! hahah

I am going to sephora today to figure out my makeup situation... I hate the two I have: clinique even better liquid foundation and pur minerals 4 in 1 powder foundation. The liquid makes me feel wet and disgusting, and the powder looks extremely caked on, so i am seeing what they have in the tinted moistiruzers/natural foundations department. I am also in the market for a primer. Let me know if you know of any good ones! Until next time friends! xoxo

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 06/01/2014 9:51 pm

I would totally recommend checking out Tarte BB cream at Sephora. It's a tinted moisturizing primer that's SPF 30 and it feels so lovely on your skin. I found it a few months ago and it's really been a product I wish I would have known about forever!

MemberMember
(@taylorswiftlover123)

Posted : 06/02/2014 10:53 pm

I would totally recommend checking out Tarte BB cream at Sephora. It's a tinted moisturizing primer that's SPF 30 and it feels so lovely on your skin. I found it a few months ago and it's really been a product I wish I would have known about forever!

Thanks I will check it out! Do you wear it alone?

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 06/02/2014 10:57 pm

Thanks I will check it out! Do you wear it alone?

usu

I wish! Once I have clear skin (hope hope hope) then it's all I'll wear.

Right now I usually use it with concealer, powder on top... or if I need extra coverage then a little dot of foundation, concealer and powder.

One great thing about the BB cream is you can build it up, so depending on what you feel comfortable with you might be able to wear it alone.

MemberMember
(@taylorswiftlover123)

Posted : 06/03/2014 6:55 pm

Day 15

Hello to you all! My skin actually is not that dry. I moisturize twice a day, but it honestly was drier with Benzyl Peroxide and Retin A. Interesting how that is right? Well the only side effect I have noticed is back pain, but that could be because I was on my feet working for a long time today! My lips are not even that dry. My skin has not had any huge breakouts since the first week(knock on wood) but I do have some smaller ones. I can't really tell if thy are actually pimples or just like irritation though, because my skin is still itchy. The itchiness has decreased though thank goodness! My makeup used to suck, but I recently went to Sephora, and I have been using Smashbox hydrating primer and it has kept my makeup on so well! I am so surprised when I blot my skin my makeup doesn't come off! I am still experimenting for a new foundation thought because I don't love mine. Any suggestions? Anyone know any other good primers? Also, my oilness is still here. GRR GO AWAY! I hope that will kick in soon! Adios :)

MemberMember
(@taylorswiftlover123)

Posted : 06/11/2014 10:04 am

Day 23

Crazy how time flies! I don't really have any pimples, and that's great!! I am still struggling with my makeup. My face is blotchy and very red, so I have to wear makeup. My skin is still oily unfortunately, but it is also flaky. Makeup is such a pain! My face doesn't feel dry though? I apply cerave cream twice a day, and aquaphor all over my face at night. I don't understand someone help me! I have been using a primer which is helping somewhat, but I haven't found the right one.

Side effects:

I have had two nosebleeds which are not fun. I have been using saline nose spray. It is helping. Besides that, no side effects. Even my lips aren't that bad.

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 06/13/2014 2:56 pm

Good news on no pimples! Jealous :) Does the Saline spray help with the dryness too? Its kind of annoying to have vaseline up my nose all the time LOL

MemberMember
(@k-lilive-com)

Posted : 06/13/2014 10:58 pm

Oh my goodness, I am dreading nosebleeds so much, it's actually one of the scariest side effects I've heard of, next to hair loss. :P I hope neither of those things happen. I've also been putting Vaseline up my nose every night since day 1 because I'm so paranoid.

But I'm really happy for you! Sounds like things are getting better, at least on the acne front.