My Skin Just Won...

Notifications
Clear all

My Skin Just Won't Adjust

MemberMember
(@lookslikeantbites)

Posted : 05/20/2014 3:01 pm

I have been using The Regimen for about a month or so now, using the facial wash and Benzyl Peroxide only once a day. Every time I increase the dosage of BP to the twice a day, my skin starts to flake terribly. I had originally expected this to go away after the first week or two. The one complication is that I'm not using a moisturizer. The moisturizer that came with the Regimen made my skin very red and painful like a sunburn. I am assuming I have some kind of rare allergic reaction to jojoba oil? Anyway I guess the lack of moisturizer probably doesn't help the flaking issue. I want to be clear skinned but if I lose the acne and instead have all these skin flakes on my face I don't think my appearance has been improved much.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/20/2014 3:31 pm

You definitely need to use a moisturizer, so if the Regimen moisturizer doesn't suit you then find another one. Many people on this forum don't like the regimen moisturizer so don't worry about it but you definitely need to use one. There is a list of recommended drug store moisturizers on the website. Personally I like one by Cetaphil made for sensitive skin, and another one by CeraVe. After a month you can mix some of the AHA (glycolic acid) with your moisturizer and that REALLY helps with the flakes.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/20/2014 6:14 pm

You definitely need a moisturizer no wonder you're having a difficult time with your skin adjusting!

Im mid way through week three using a moisturizer and my skin is still a bit flaky and dry however not as much as it was to begin with. Im hoping once I introduce AHA the dryness will go away.

MemberMember
(@winenotwhine)

Posted : 05/20/2014 6:58 pm

Ah! Use, use, a moisturizer! Dry skin is bad. You'll get more pimples! You don't have to use Dan's moisturizer but use some type of a moisturizer!

MemberMember
(@lookslikeantbites)

Posted : 05/21/2014 9:59 am

Any cost effective recommendations?