Notifications
Clear all

Will My Acne End?

MemberMember
(@ihateacne22)

Posted : 05/20/2014 11:25 am

my mom has no acne but my dad said he had it tell he was 24. Im 20 now but my dads acne was not as severe as mine. My older sister whos acne was also "milder" had her acne end around 23?

MemberMember
(@ihateacne22)

Posted : 05/20/2014 1:19 pm

guess no one knows....fml

MemberMember
(@acnebomb)

Posted : 05/21/2014 4:58 am

I haven't been on this site in almost 2 years, benzoyl peroxide kept my face clear but now it's looking bad again. I saw your other post about stopping bp and I did the same thing several times. I thought maybe my acne subsided over the years and if I stop the harsh bp it'll get better, terrible idea. I didn't want to leave my house because my face was covered, I did it the first time for probably a few months and there was no end in sight. Got back on it and now I'm where I am today. I'm the same age as you and I thought my acne would go away on it's own, not happening though. I've tried it all. I'm starting a new job the beginning of June and I'm probably going to hop on the accutrain. Do what you think will help you in the long run, waiting for it to go away probably isn't it. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/21/2014 5:38 pm

Sometimes people grow out of their acne, other times, they must treat it for as long as necessary. I am 30 and I have given up on the idea that my acne will go away on its own.

I recommend that you try if you have not done so already:

diet changes (give up all dairy and maybe all gluten/go paleo) for 3 months

incorporate more veggies and green smoothies.

As for acne regimens, i cannot recommend anything as few things have worked for me (except for the regimen which eventually gave me eczema after a year of use).

Try diet changes first though without adding topicals just to gauge if it could be a magic bullet for you.

I feel your frustration.