Notifications
Clear all

Green Smoothies For Acne?

MemberMember
(@sociallyawkward)

Posted : 05/19/2014 5:09 am

Hi guys, recently I've heard of the supposed benefits of green smoothies. I was just wondering what your opinions are and whether they really help or not.

Currently my smoothie recipie is:

1 Bannana

1 Apple

2 Handfuls of spinach

Few sprigs of parsley

Slice of ginger

Small cup of water to achieve a more liquid consistency

I tend to drink one in the morning and maybe at lunch depending on how I'm feeling, is this good?

Any replies are appreciated, thanks in advance : )

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 05/19/2014 5:15 am

You pikachu with a mustache! Why do people waste veggies and fruits with juicing?? You destroy the major thing that makes fruits and veggies healthy, the fiber and if you make a smoothie out of lot's of fruits, it's like drinking a bottle of table sugar. I'm mean for gods sake go and buy a bottle of coca cola if you desire sugary drinks.

MemberMember
(@sociallyawkward)

Posted : 05/19/2014 6:03 am

I only put a few fruits in to make sure the smoothie isn't too bitter, plus I leave a lot of the pulp in the smoothie so I do keep a lot of the fibre. It's much healthier than a bottle of coke. I just heard it was good for acne and I'm desperate to get rid of mine so I thought I'd give it a go.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/19/2014 7:29 am

You pikachu with a mustache! Why do people waste veggies and fruits with juicing?? You destroy the major thing that makes fruits and veggies healthy, the fiber and if you make a smoothie out of lot's of fruits, it's like drinking a bottle of table sugar. I'm mean for gods sake go and buy a bottle of coca cola if you desire sugary drinks.

you're a damn idiot for saying that. scaring people to think fruit sugar is bad for you .

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 05/19/2014 7:38 am

Damn monkey Robertitoo, don't you know how to read? They didn't teach you how to process the information that you read in monkey school? I said why should anyone destroy one of the greatest health promoting effects of fruits and veggies by juicing them. Fruits and veggies are awesome, just don't ruin them by juicing you f*cking monkey c_unt.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/19/2014 7:38 am

Green smoothies are good. Yours seems sweeter than is ideal though.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 05/19/2014 7:40 am

Green smoothies are good. Yours seems sweeter than is ideal though.

Yes, let's make smoothies out of everything, let's make beef smoothie, that way our bodies don't have to process anything anymore, it's awesome, or is it?

MemberMember
(@sociallyawkward)

Posted : 05/19/2014 8:29 am

Dolan stop trolling, I've edited my recipie so I only use half an apple, no banana and a handful of kale. Sounds better?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/19/2014 8:36 am

Dolan stop trolling, I've edited my recipie so I only use half an apple, no banana and a handful of kale. Sounds better?

Although I think a bit of banana makes the texture nice. It's kind of essential for mine as I use a vintage beehive bar blender. It doesn't get the greens all that smooth. If you are using a vitamix or something, you can make anything smooth.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 05/19/2014 8:46 am

SociallyAwkward, eating veggies and fruits are good for you and if you prefer to drink them, do so! I have about 3-4 smoothies a week either in place of a meal or a smaller portion for a snack. In my green smoothie I pack in lots of kale (atleast 2 cups), 1/2 of an avocado (to make it creamy), a small kiwi, one pear and 1/2 of a green apple.

MemberMember
(@sociallyawkward)

Posted : 05/19/2014 8:57 am

Thanks for the advice :) I'll just experiment with different fruits. Makes for a great breakfast though!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 05/19/2014 11:52 am

Dolan is getting confused between smoothies and juicing >

juicing takes a heck of a lot more veggies, and you dont get the fibre. But its still good for you- depending on what you put in it. When i juice on occasion- its only spinach, broccoli, carrots, and cucumbers (no fruit) The sweetness comes from the carrots and its so yummy.

Green smooties (made in a blender) Still great for you, and you get the fibre that you want. Usually when i make a green smooties i throw in spinach, and a banana - and use water as a base and add a bit of honey if im feeling low on sugar.

MemberMember
(@lovelyplot)

Posted : 05/19/2014 2:41 pm

Green smoothies are amazing for acne :) try putting in carrots and beets. I noticed that within a week my skin tone looked great. The acne will take awhile to start going away but it helps a lot

MemberMember
(@sociallyawkward)

Posted : 05/20/2014 7:02 am

Green smoothies are amazing for acne try putting in carrots and beets. I noticed that within a week my skin tone looked great. The acne will take awhile to start going away but it helps a lot

Hey I noticed this too! My skins considerably less red and there's a more healthy glow to my skin nowadays. Although my acne is still there it's certainly helped my confidence alot!

MemberMember
(@lovelyplot)

Posted : 05/20/2014 7:40 am

Green smoothies are amazing for acne smile.png try putting in carrots and beets. I noticed that within a week my skin tone looked great. The acne will take awhile to start going away but it helps a lot

Hey I noticed this too! My skins considerably less red and there's a more healthy glow to my skin nowadays. Although my acne is still there it's certainly helped my confidence alot!

Great! I know everyone's skin is largely different but vitamin d helps me a lot. My skin is always better in the summer and it actually used to clear completely before I got a full time job and had time to sit in the sun. Hope this helps :)

MemberMember
(@user354689)

Posted : 07/08/2014 9:54 am

I think I replied to this thread before stating that I enjoyed smoothies, yet now I've learned that smoothies aren't the best in terms of spiking blood sugar. So, now I simply eat my fruit whole. It's great and it provides me with a fully sensual experience because I'm actually tasting each piece of fruit.

http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/nutrition/eat-more-fruit-but-not-more-smoothies-20130916

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/08/2014 5:40 pm

I think I replied to this thread before stating that I enjoyed smoothies, yet now I've learned that smoothies aren't the best in terms of spiking blood sugar. So, now I simply eat my fruit whole. It's great and it provides me with a fully sensual experience because I'm actually tasting each piece of fruit.

http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/nutrition/eat-more-fruit-but-not-more-smoothies-20130916

So don't put so much sweet fruit in your GREEN smoothie. As stated by several people above. Or any fruit. You can make a savory veggie and green smoothie. Think Gazpacho. The point is to get the greens and to get the most benefit possible from the greens.