Notifications
Clear all

Stopped Using Benzoyl Peroxide...is It Dumb

MemberMember
(@ihateacne22)

Posted : 05/19/2014 12:53 am

Hey guys so I stopped using benzoyl peroxide cold turkey...Its been three days and I notice I have broken out a little mildly. I can show pictures or upload them in the morning. The reason I am doing this is because I want to see if my acne has gotten less mild over the years? Is that dumb? I have been using the bp for 4 years everyday, I want to see if I breakout as bad as I used to (when I was 15-16) I am 20 now. I want to see that if I do breakout less mildly I can start getting laser done to remove my nasty acne scars. Thanks guys. (PS Accutane is not an option those side effects are nasty)

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 05/19/2014 2:16 am

It's not dumb to stop using toxic chemical on your skin. You are going to have a very severe breakout after stopping BP, get ready for it. I can guarantee that you are not strong enough mentally to handle that breakout so you are going to go right back to BP, so that's that. Ok peace out bye.

MemberMember
(@ihateacne22)

Posted : 05/19/2014 10:28 am

It's not dumb to stop using toxic chemical on your skin. You are going to have a very severe breakout after stopping BP, get ready for it. I can guarantee that you are not strong enough mentally to handle that breakout so you are going to go right back to BP, so that's that. Ok peace out bye.

LOL im gonna have a severe breakout and im not ready for it mentally...my skin looks almost the exact same as it did when I used bp except 3 or 4 zits on the side of my face

anyone have any real advice...if this is the right thing to do

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 05/19/2014 10:42 am

LOL im gonna have a severe breakout and im not ready for it mentally...my skin looks almost the exact same as it did when I used bp except 3 or 4 zits on the side of my face

Your skin is probably fine 1-2 weeks after stopping bp but after that it's gonna be hell.

MemberMember
(@ihateacne22)

Posted : 05/19/2014 10:53 am

Your skin is probably fine 1-2 weeks after stopping bp but after that it's gonna be hell.

>>

Is that from personal experience

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/19/2014 7:23 pm

Hi, i also stopped BP cold turkey because i developed eczema on my face which in my opinion is much worse than acne. It's been a few weeks and i am breaking out. Not horrendously but definitely inflamed pimples with pus, underground pimples and clogged pores. I am worried too about the 'what next' but i had no choice. When my prescription is ready, i will be trying a retinoid to see if i was just alergic to BP or my face has become sensitized to all topicals. Good Luck. Everyones reaction to coming off a topical is not the same FYI.

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 05/19/2014 10:58 pm

Ya I stopped using bp for about 2 months but I started breaking out pretty bad again so I went right back on it...