Notifications
Clear all

Help For These Scars -Trying To Put My Life Together! 🙂

MemberMember
(@peruah000)

Posted : 05/18/2014 11:05 am

Hi guys,

I'm not going to bore everyone with a super long story - but recently I decided enough was enough and to piece my life together. Get rid of my current terrible friends, find a new bunch, start dating, lose a few pounds of weight (I'm 5 feet 3, 138 suffering from hypothyroidism) and just be happy. I'm doing extremely well professionally so that's something to be grateful for! :)

I got my acne under control for the past 2 months and now barely break out - maybe one pimple in a month or something. But I'm now left with the scars, so was wondering what exactly to do to get rid of them?

Pics are attached. Apologies for the rant!

post-367591-0-41352300-1400429130_thumb.

post-367591-0-41352300-1400429130_thumb.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/18/2014 1:57 pm

Glycolic acid and vitamin a are great skin rejuvenators. Try them but make sure you wear a high spf. I found on ebay a combo of 35% glycolic and 45% lactic acid. Its a fab! If you are not sensitive and your skin can bear such concentration, dont be hesitant at all!

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 05/18/2014 2:14 pm

Sorry but peels are not going to improve deep pits, if that is your goal. If you are hoping to improve pigment and clogged pores, peels can help. I wouldn't buy them off eBay though. I would use a professional.

For your scarring, you may might want to try subcision and a deep laser, like Total FX. Total FX did wonders for my pits.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you are thorough in your research.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 05/18/2014 2:47 pm

See a doctor. Don't try and peel it off yourself.

MemberMember
(@taurus_girl)

Posted : 05/18/2014 3:22 pm

Sorry but peels are not going to improve deep pits, if that is your goal. If you are hoping to improve pigment and clogged pores, peels can help. I wouldn't buy them off eBay though. I would use a professional.For your scarring, you may might want to try subcision and a deep laser, like Total FX. Total FX did wonders for my pits.Whatever you decide to do, make sure you are thorough in your research.Good luck

How much improvement would you say you got from the lasers?

MemberMember
(@taurus_girl)

Posted : 05/18/2014 3:46 pm

I found your post documenting your treatment, your results look amazing!

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 05/18/2014 4:53 pm

Sorry but peels are not going to improve deep pits, if that is your goal. If you are hoping to improve pigment and clogged pores, peels can help. I wouldn't buy them off eBay though. I would use a professional.For your scarring, you may might want to try subcision and a deep laser, like Total FX. Total FX did wonders for my pits.Whatever you decide to do, make sure you are thorough in your research.Good luck

How much improvement would you say you got from the lasers?

I would put my improvement in the 70-80% range. Total FX truly changed my life. It took 2 Total FX and one Deep FX to reach this point. The texture of my skin is still bad though and the scars are not flush with normal skin but the improvement is a miracle. I wish I had tried subcision to raise the scars as much as possible at first but finding a doctor was too difficult. Being that I didn't have rolling scars, there were also other risks. I did try peels, Cross and other treatments at first. Nothing gave me improvement like laser. I know a lot of people are against laser. I was too at first. I don't believe it works on every type of scarring but based on my experience, it can improve scars like the OPs. I do think the type of laser and doctor's skills play a part as well.

MemberMember
(@peruah000)

Posted : 05/20/2014 9:01 am

Right, thanks for the information guys! Really appreciate it - it's just my scarring is so severe, I guess just topical treatments won't work.