Notifications
Clear all

Clogged Pores All Over Face?

MemberMember
(@curiouscat)

Posted : 05/15/2014 2:57 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm losing my mind. I suffered from clogged pores for over a year until I was able to find a product to help me get rid of it. That product worked for a year, and then completely stopped. Now I'm back where I was before and I'm extremely depressed. I just feel like crying. My forehead was the first place they came back with a vengeance. My entire forehead is encompassed with clogged pores. Now it's spread to my cheeks, nose, and areas next to my eyebrows. I'm at my wits end with this. I keep trying gentle scrubs, masks, cleansers, witch hazel, but nothing's working. Please, if anyone can help me with this, I'd be more than grateful.

MemberMember
(@crystal0313)

Posted : 05/16/2014 1:48 am

I have been using Paula's Choice anti-redness exfoliating solution. it works great to keep my pores clear especially on my forehead, cheeks and chin. my skin can only handle it every 3 days or so, and it doesn't unclog my nose. worth a try.

MemberMember
(@strawberrylacesxo)

Posted : 05/16/2014 4:15 pm

Get yourself some benzoyl peroxide 10% cream, either panoxyl or quinoderm. Are they greasy flesh colored bumps? Your skin feels really bumpy? If so then this is the exact problem I had. I felt exactly the same, I was so upset by it because they were so stubborn and wouldn't go away. The only thing that's working for me is 10% benzoyl peroxide, it causes serious redness and burning but honestly it's so worth it because the redness does fade. My clogged pores were actually disgusting on Monday, but now it's Friday and they're like 95% GONE.

MemberMember
(@curiouscat)

Posted : 05/16/2014 8:30 pm

I have been using Paula's Choice anti-redness exfoliating solution. it works great to keep my pores clear especially on my forehead, cheeks and chin. my skin can only handle it every 3 days or so, and it doesn't unclog my nose. worth a try.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try that ASAP 🙂

Get yourself some benzoyl peroxide 10% cream, either panoxyl or quinoderm. Are they greasy flesh colored bumps? Your skin feels really bumpy? If so then this is the exact problem I had. I felt exactly the same, I was so upset by it because they were so stubborn and wouldn't go away. The only thing that's working for me is 10% benzoyl peroxide, it causes serious redness and burning but honestly it's so worth it because the redness does fade. My clogged pores were actually disgusting on Monday, but now it's Friday and they're like 95% GONE.

My skin is way too sensitive for benzoyl peroxide at that percentage. It's been a while since I've used 10%, but I might try it again since it worked for you. Yes, they're flesh colored bumps but they aren't greasy. You said cream, but I checked the panoxyl site and they only have face washes.

MemberMember
(@strawberrylacesxo)

Posted : 05/17/2014 3:40 am

I know that quinoderm is a bit less strong than panoxyl...I think. I'm currently using quinoderm and it's working pretty well. Maybe try a lower percentage such as 5% or something? I think it depends what kind of skin you have in terms of how it will react, my forehead and chin never burn or turn red because they are so oily, but my cheeks are extremely sensitive and they burnt bright red. If you're going to use it I suggest you use the cream on days you don't really have to go out anywhere.