Notifications
Clear all

What Is Up With My Forehead?

MemberMember
(@woahmanslowdown)

Posted : 05/14/2014 1:39 pm

I have no idea why this has happened to my forehead or why it does not go away. I've always had dry skin but I've used either Coco butter moisturizer once a day in the morning. I recently adopted Cetaphil moisturizer, which has been okay but may be thinking of going back to Coco. I use cetaphil anti bacterial bar for washing, and I believe this is a form of dermititis or a fungal infection, so I've been applying Nizoral 1% on it. I'm at my wits end with this. It's been a week and a half and no improvement. Weather seems to also make it itchy if I go from cold to warm fast or get adrenile pumping. It also gets really red! Does anybody have any idea how I can approach this? Dermatologists believe I look 'fine' but that's only in certain lightning. They have no idea and suggest it's nothing to be stressed about, so I've dropped even thinking of visiting another. Complete waste of time!

Acne community halp!

post-396958-0-48332700-1400092746.jpg

post-396958-0-48332700-1400092746.jpg

MemberMember
(@nikitaaziz)

Posted : 05/15/2014 12:56 am

If i look in the mirror my skin looks clear, but if i rub it gently or moderately hard, tONS OF white daed yucky skin comes off my face.So I need to help from This forum.

MemberMember
(@excelfirst)

Posted : 05/15/2014 5:53 am

Deleveop a exfoliating regimen. It seems like you have deadskin that you should remove by exfoliating.

MemberMember
(@woahmanslowdown)

Posted : 05/15/2014 9:10 am

Was that in regard to me or the other guy?

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 05/15/2014 9:51 am

Have you tried a hydrocortisone cream?

MemberMember
(@woahmanslowdown)

Posted : 05/15/2014 12:35 pm

Have you tried a hydrocortisone cream?

I have not, actually I've only really ever used like Cetaphil cleanser, Cetaphil anti bacterial bars, Nizoral 1%, Coco moisturizer, Cetaphil Moisturizer and Sulfacamide Sodium Topical 10% lotion. I've used dial soap before as well but that is very drying, so I don't use that either. I also get some chest acne and chest acne but those have slightly gotten better. I was told to try head and shoulders for that, which I'll probably do this weekend.

All of which were recommended from this site by other posts from other people. What's the thing you listed do?

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 05/15/2014 2:03 pm

All of which were recommended from this site by other posts from other people. What's the thing you listed do?

It's a corticosteroid. It's good for inflammation, irritation, rashes, and such. You can get a prescription for it, but they also carry some strengths OTC.

I'm not an expert, but from what you described it sounded very similar to an allergic reaction I had... got little red, dry, itchy bumps all over my neck. I put some hydrocortisone on it and it helped loads. It shouldn't be used for long periods of time, but just putting it on two days at night helped me a bunch. You might ring your dermatologist or GP and see what they suggest, though. If your derm thinks you're fine and should just deal I'd get a second opinion, especially if it's really bothering you.

MemberMember
(@strawberrylacesxo)

Posted : 05/15/2014 2:27 pm

My condition looked similar to this, but I'm not sure if it is actually the same as what I had. Due to excessively oily skin and clogged pores I developed tons and tons of these flesh colored bumps all over my forehead which could only be seen in certain lighting. I recently started using benzoyl peroxide 10% and they're going away now.

I think exfoliating may help a lot. If you have dry itchy skin with these bumps then I suggest you use sudocrem. Just give it a try and see if it works.