Forehead Breaking O...

Notifications
Clear all

Forehead Breaking Out

MemberMember
(@najibla)

Posted : 05/14/2014 12:41 pm

Hey,

I am 2 months and a couple of days into the regimen. I follow it very rigorously as Dan described it. I have been on Accutane four years ago and it completely cleared me up. .But pimples kept gradually coming back during the last two years..

I dont have any severe acne, nor moderate.. it's just mild with 4 - 5 semi-active pimples..

I have started the regimen about two months ago. the first two weeks went so good, almost everything disappeared. but then things started to get very bad. I used to have one pimple on my forehead every other week.. now I have like 4 - 5 active all the time, and when a couple of them heal, new ones start forming! my forehead is getting SO oily and it is just getting worse every week!

Before the regimen I had some tiny zits, the ones that are not visible unless you really get so close under light.. I am concerned if those are being purged out, because that could mean that I will have to deal with tens of other big zits, and I really cant afford doing that!

I dont wear any hats, my pillows are clean, my hair is short, my diet is awesome, I do exercise.. etc!

What is wrong with my forehead?

I just bought a 16oz of the regimen last week.. but I am starting to feel a bit reluctant about continuing! I feel I should go back to Accutane, at least I had almost no side effects, and my face was clear for few years!

MemberMember
(@sterlingmoon)

Posted : 05/14/2014 1:01 pm

I would stop the regimen. Try something less strong. Maybe tea tree oil as a spot treatment or turmeric.

MemberMember
(@najibla)

Posted : 05/14/2014 4:02 pm

I would stop the regimen. Try something less strong. Maybe tea tree oil as a spot treatment or turmeric.

Thanks for answering.

Dont you think it's a bit too early to stop the treatment at this point? I mean I could still try it for another month or so just to be sure? People say they didnt see the results until the 3 - 4 th month! Especially that now I have a full 16 oz ?

If I ever stop the regimen I would definitely go back on Accutane..

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/14/2014 4:06 pm

My daughter is on the Regimen and did not see improvement until 3-4 months so you may be on the way to improvement if you can handle it for another month or two.

On the other hand have you changed any of the products that you use? ie. have you started using a different shampoo or hair products ? Just a thought.

MemberMember
(@najibla)

Posted : 05/14/2014 4:15 pm

My daughter is on the Regimen and did not see improvement until 3-4 months so you may be on the way to improvement if you can handle it for another month or two.

On the other hand have you changed any of the products that you use? ie. have you started using a different shampoo or hair products ? Just a thought.

Did your daughter have worse skin during the first 2-3 months of use? or has she been just gradually improving? Is she clear now?

I actually never let the shampoo touch my forehead..

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/14/2014 4:26 pm

It seems like it can be different for everyone. For my daughter it didn't really get worse in the first 3 months, but it didn't improve at all ie. really NO difference what so ever so she almost gave up. Then just after the 3 month mark she started to see gradual improvement. She has been on it for 5 months now and is about 90% clear and hoping it continues. She has also cut out drinking milk which may be a factor in her skin clearing too (hard to know really!).

Good luck.

blurzyo liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/14/2014 6:57 pm

I was also a late bloomer with the regimen. I was at the magic 3 month mark with no consistent improvement and then between my 3rd and 4th month, BAM, consistent improvement. You're this far along so give it 2 more months. Diet changes are also worth a shot (no dairy or gluten)

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 05/15/2014 1:21 pm

Maybe try and get a prescription for tazorac if you can. I am about to start doing the regimen in the morning and using my taz at night.

MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 05/16/2014 11:11 am

I just want to add my 2 cents, when I started the regimen I did everything it said and the only thing I had to stop was moisturizing at night. It gave me a bunch of whiteheads mostly on my forehead every time, which was always my only clear area.

Maybe try to stop moisturizing at night? My skin doesn't like sleeping in the stuff and I'm 5 months into the regimen and clear

MemberMember
(@najibla)

Posted : 05/16/2014 12:22 pm

I just want to add my 2 cents, when I started the regimen I did everything it said and the only thing I had to stop was moisturizing at night. It gave me a bunch of whiteheads mostly on my forehead every time, which was always my only clear area.

Maybe try to stop moisturizing at night? My skin doesn't like sleeping in the stuff and I'm 5 months into the regimen and clear

Did your acne honestly get way worse than ever even after two months of use? So you think I should not stop at this point?

When did your forehead clear?

MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 05/16/2014 12:51 pm

Did your acne honestly get way worse than ever even after two months of use? So you think I should not stop at this point?

When did your forehead clear?

I can't say it ever got worse than before. It just didn't fully clear and was kind of up and down until about month four.

My forehead cleared as soon as I stopped the nighttime moisturizer. It had never broken out until I started the regimen and started moisturizing at night.

It's worth a try for you as well. Before the regimen did you moisturize at night?

MemberMember
(@jakesimon1234)

Posted : 05/16/2014 1:05 pm

Don't stop the regimen! Everyones skin is different there still could be active acne that was deep under the skin and is finally finding its way to the surface it could take up to 6 months for people to see improvement just depends on your skin :)

Don't stop the regimen! Everyones skin is different there still could be active acne that was deep under the skin and is finally finding its way to the surface it could take up to 6 months for people to see improvement just depends on your skin :)

MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 05/16/2014 2:17 pm

I agree, in so many words I was trying to say you can't stop until you've given it at least 6 months!

The forehead breakouts are normal if your skin wasnt used to sleeping in moisturizer.

najibla liked
MemberMember
(@najibla)

Posted : 05/16/2014 3:32 pm

I agree, in so many words I was trying to say you can't stop until you've given it at least 6 months!

The forehead breakouts are normal if your skin wasnt used to sleeping in moisturizer.

I will at least decrease the moisturizer and see where it leads.

Thanks for the support!

MemberMember
(@najibla)

Posted : 05/16/2014 5:37 pm

Do you think it is a good idea to totally drop the moisturizer? I mean, my face is not really dry except for around my nose! and there is no redness whatsoever, even less in my forehead.. So I feel the moisturizer is so not necessary on my forehead..

MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 05/19/2014 8:15 am

Well, I personally still need the moisturizer in the morning no matter what, I can't even think about skipping it. It's just the PM that doesn't work for me. So i wouldn't totally cut it out, just try cutting out the PM, maybe :)