Notifications
Clear all

Low Dose Treatment Ib?!

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/14/2014 5:07 am

Hey everyone!

So,I started accutane 9 days ago and I take 20 mg a day. I'm 19 yr old,female and I have constant but mild acne on my face back and chest area for almost 7 years now.I have tried a lot of prescribed lotions over the years...Nadixa, Clindoxyl, Finacea and many more none of them worked except one. Before my accutane treatment I was on Finacea and it worked wonders for 4 monts and then my skin became realllly reallllly oily, like I never experienced before. With the oil came the worst acne I ever had. So at my last derm visit my derm prescribed 20 mg a day for two months and 20 mg every other day for two months, and as an addition, he prescribed Clindoxyl for me to put on individiual acne overnight.

My lips have always been dry and so far nothing has changed in the lip area, just as dry as it usually is.However IsoKeilit lip cream keeps things baby smooth when I use it often. I have black heads and white heads all over my face,more on the nose and chin area which is my real problem.However, the mild acne took another level in the last two days, before accutane I only had 1 cyst on my face(I have black and white heads and regular acne, I just don't get cysts often) and it hasn't recovered yet but today I woke up with 2 huge cysts on my chin, they reaaaalllly hurt. I guess it's safe to say my IB has begun. I didn't expect IB because my doc told that the low dose treatment would not cause one.

I am totally freaking out about the IB, did you experience IB on a low dose treatment,how severe was it and how long did it last ?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/14/2014 4:52 pm

ah yes, the doc said....ah yes

we are all unique with unique body chemistry, on a low dose ask if you can keep up with the topical antibiotic, everywhere to help control things best you can

if it gets really bad a quick short dose of prednisone will help, or get a cortisone injection into the cysts, they will shrink fast

for 'most' the breakout phase passes quickly, within a few weeks....just tough it out at least a month before you panic

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/15/2014 6:46 am

Thank you, i'll keep in mind the cortisone injection if they don't shrink soon

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/15/2014 3:21 pm

-Day 10-

Today I woke up with three new acne The two cysts on my chin seem to be getting closer to the surface, but still hurt like hell. My face overall feels non oily,well normal, for the first time in many years. My scalp has been very itchy so I put around 20 drops of tea tree oil in a 500ml shampoo,I see so many people rave about it, why not try! My bacne is the one that really shoved improvement in terms of healing, the bacne that I had before accutane seem to disappear day by day. The active acne on my face -around 5- are all looking ready to pop but I'm trying and resisting the urge, ain't nobody want marks

MemberMember
(@lastcenturion)

Posted : 05/15/2014 9:44 pm

i'm also 19 female and on 20mg! for the first few weeks my little whiteheads all cleared up and the texture of my skin improved but then i got really bad IB. it was honestly terrible, the worst my skin has ever looked, my forehead, chin, jawline, cheeks all filled with these huge, pus-filled pimples that takes ages to go away. and when they did finally go away, another one would pop up in its place so now the scarring i'm left with makes it look like my whole face is just this purplish red colour with bits of randomly skin coloured areas.

ANYWAY my skin's looking greater now though, everything more or less cleared up, just dealing with scarring and preventing another breakout as severe as that one. also for using tea tree oil in shampoo for dandruff - IT IS IMPORTANT NOT TO USE TOO MUCH. there is a very specific ratio you should be using, too much tea tree oil can actually increase dandruff! google it :)

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/16/2014 3:47 am

*lastcenturion- I'm scared that I'll get scars because I'm really pale, did you pop them or did they leave marks even without popping? And for the tea tree oil, gonna google it thanks! :)

--------------------------

-Day 11-

My skin feels so nice this morning. It somehow seems paler but in a good way, like more pure. And I'm not oily and I'm not dry! I'm lovin this normal skin type. One of the cysts on my chin reached the surface,the other one seems like it'll be on the surface tomorrow. I woke up with a new small pimple, no biggie.The other pimples still exist, hangin there by themselves. And I couldn't resist the temptation and popped the huge pimple on my forehead last night It looked really white though, and I cleaned the area very well afterwards, I hope it won't leave a mark. Yesterday I realized that my skin was peeling in the places I waxed a week ago, I guess waxing and accutane don't go together. The blackheads on my back look like they'll be gone after a gentle exfoliation, can't wait to wear backless clothes without having to worry about my skin!

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/17/2014 3:08 am

-Day 12-

No new pimple today! The ones that I have still remain though. The cyst on my chin struggles to come to surface,but I believe it'll succeed tomorrow. My lips peeled literally 2 layers yesterday because I lost my beloved Isokeilit :( It is a medical lip cream so it treats the area, not just moisture. I used regular lip balms and lipbutters throughout the day, they did not work. Today I thought I'd check under the bed -DUH- and there it was!

After I took my makeup off yesterday I noticed some dryness around my temple so I treated it with my first ever for-dry-and-sensitive-skin product :D This shit smells amazing you guys. Nivea pure and natural soothing day cream for dry and sensitive skin. Turns out Kate Middleton also uses this product's oily skin version, so you know you can count on it I keep spot-treating my acne with Clindoxyl at night, it seems like it drys them out even quicker. Motivation is higher even though I'm experiencing itchy skin currently.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/18/2014 5:56 am

-Day 13-

2 new pimples today. One on my jawline, the type that hurts. The other one is on my forehead and it has already dried out. around 6-7 active pimples on my face, I have red patches on newly healed pimple areas. I still don't get oily or dry. Around my nose and under my chin feel itchy because those places are slightly drier than the rest. I experienced really dry eyes this morning but that may be because I only slept for 5 hours.

MemberMember
(@soaruphigh)

Posted : 05/18/2014 9:04 am

Hey there!

I'm experiencing IB as well on a low dose so I can definitely relate to your situation. Remember to resist popping those buggers or risk scarring! I'd be rooting for your progress ;)

Cheers

MemberMember
(@lastcenturion)

Posted : 05/18/2014 9:50 am

Hey! Hang in there :) I've only really started getting dry on my face now btw and it's like day 70-80 something but i moisturise regularly. if i don't moisturise after ten minutes of washing my face/having a shower my skin will start to feel very tight though. and regarding your question about popping them, i never pop my pimples! i just pretend they aren't there and go on with me day (until someone points them out... ) but they still scarred so.....

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/19/2014 6:26 am

*soaruphigh- Thank you, I just went through your log, fingers crossed for both of us to experience a bearable and short IB ! :)

*lastcenturion- Hi! I realized that they scar me too, no matter I pop or not.. but still I'm trying to resist. Oh I hate it when someone points them out,it's like yeah I wasn't aware of the huge pimple I live with that hurts like hell, thatnks for pointing that out fucker,congrats Some of my pimples pop when I pat dry my face after shower of after washing my face, that never happened before, feels funny :D

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/19/2014 8:07 am

-Day 14-

Today my t zone feels slightly oily, but no new pimples! huge pimple on my jawline still hurts but the rest of my face feels fine.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/20/2014 8:23 am

-Day 15-

Half a month done already wooo!! So my skin is more on the dry side today. Normal skin days don't leave meee, stayy! Seeing no new pimples on my face for two days in a row made my day. Every old pimple seems to leave a dry patch afterwards, and boy do they itch. I cut my manicured long nails today to the shortest so that I couldn't scratch my face helloo boyish nails I have only 4 active pimples,and one of them popped during shower. I start to understand what 'tane users mean by dry lips, before this I thought I had dry lips but these bad boys peel themselves without my teeth's help :/

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/21/2014 10:08 am

-Day 16-

There isn't any noticable difference regarding my skin, neither any different side effects then yesterday.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/22/2014 5:30 am

-Day 17-

No new pimple days are over now that I have a brand new one on my cheek. I woke up with a crazy headache it's like monkeys playing drums in my head. I'm drinking coffee now, if it won't cure the headache I'll probably pop some painkillers. The whiteheads on my chin look like they wanna escape from my skin,I hope they'll do! I thought my bacne was healing but now there is a lot of blemish, I try not to scratch my back because I already have scars there.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/23/2014 6:30 am

-Day 18-

I woke up with really tight and dry lips today and put on 2 layers of IsoKeilit, now they are fine.I don't have any new pimple but the current ones I have take a real long time to heal. I'm really pale and I have dark hair so I bleach my sideburns every now and then. I bleached them today, I hope it won't trigger anything on my face, I'm a little scared. My skin gets slightly oily on the t zone, it may be because it's really hot here like 30 celsius degrees. The whiteheads upset me, they look so big and they are literally on the surface of my skin, but they still don't go away. I guess I'll try removing them after a hot shower.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/24/2014 9:32 am

-Day 19-

So yesterday I did a little exfoliating because I don't have any active pimple on my face, I have one cyst on my jawline. Some of the horrible whiteheads are gone now, I guess due to exfoliation.

My blackheads seem to be closer to the surface now, lookin all black, bothering me That's not much of a problem though, my skin has really improved even in 19 days, I like to believe that accutane will take care of the rest too

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/25/2014 8:07 am

-Day 20-

Only two blemishes on my cheek and the one cyst on my jawline, but I have lots of reddish scars from healing/healed pimples. My lips are still peeling and I have really dry eyes, I treat them with artificial tear drops.

Me and my dad did a little renewing at my room, we're covering my wardrobe with sticky paper and I realized that my skin has gotten much thinner, I have lots of scars on my hands due to the DIY we're doing (I guess it is called paper burns in english but not sure).

Bleaching my sideburns didn't cause any breakouts I'm sooo relieved. I didn't breakout from my moisturizer -which I use every other day- either.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 05/26/2014 9:10 am

-Day 21-

There is nothing different going on with my skin.

----------

Guys, I've decided to be away for a while, because there is nothing different regarding my skin for days, and writing similar things everyday is useless. But I sure will write when I have any significant improvement or a if I have any different side effects.

See you! :)

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 06/02/2014 9:10 am

-Day 28-

I got my blood work done today, my cholesterol is a little high, it was a little high before starting the medicine too so I gotta keep better eye on what I eat to be able to continue the treatment.

The dosage is same, everything is the same. My skin is clear of pimples, but the blackheads, whiteheads and scars remain. I hope they'll go away soon. My doctor said it is very dangerous to do peeling on accutane, turns out we're not supposed to do until after the treatment ends and 6 months. I only exfoliated my face and body once, so I probably didn't cause any notable damage.

My skin feels dry everywhere. They are not any dry patches or peeling skin but it's just real dry. I moisturize after every bath and whenever I feel like I need it. Lips dry too, I treat them with every lipbalm I own for moisture, and IsoKeilit - my lip holy grail- for curing them.

Well, let's see how things will be in the second month, fingers crossed!

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 06/03/2014 2:50 pm

-Day 29-

Oh my god, blackheads on my nose are now on the run. They are litterally visible, they managed to escape and their heads are over the surface. God, I wanna exfoliate! But I can't -.- They are visible through my foundation I hate it!!! At least this means they'll disappear soon, I'm keepin my head up. I have a new pimple on my cheek it's pretty bumpy and red.

My skin is very sensitive all over. I get cuts on my hands whenever I open things... And I got a redness on my nose because I tried on so many different glasses. I mean COME OOONNN who gets redness from glasses? This gal.

I mousturized twice today but I guess I'll put on some more before bed.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 06/07/2014 7:06 am

-Day 33-

Two new pimples, both on my chin. One of them is really big and under my skin it hurts like a bitch. My period is around the corner so this is probably the reason why they appeared.

I'm having horrible headaches lately but I don't know if it's a side effect of the drug, did any of you experience this ?

My skin is not as dry as it was a couple of days ago but I think it's because of my upcoming period too, I used to get super oily a few days before my period but this time it turned my dryish skin to normal, good job you did there period!

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 06/12/2014 11:36 am

-Day 38-

I finally got my period today, it was a total struggle this month I got so many pimples! And before this week I didn't have any pimples. Now my face looks horrible. Lots of red scars and acne :/ I thought I got rid of my acne because I was clear for a good long time but damn periods brought them back:(

And as a new side effect, my hair is shedding horribly, normally I don't have any hair loss whatsoever but this week whenever I touch my hair, there is a few left in my palm. So I changed my shampoo yesterday, I'm trying Gliss Shea Kashmere, let's see if it helps...

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 06/29/2014 7:39 am

-Day 55-

Changing my shampoo helped a lot, my hair is softer and doesn't shed a lot, but there is still a fair amount of shedding. I didn't get any new pimples after my period *hurray* but the ones I had then, left scars. My face looks scarred but clear it's as weird as it sounds.

I guess my blackheads will be gone in a month or so. So many of them cleared out I can't believe. And that was my major problem so I'm glad I'm on accutane.

BUT...

Let's talk about side effects for a minute here.

My lips are gone. Literally they are super raw, only one tiny layer of skin is left on them. They bleed every now and then. My beloved IsoKeilit doesn't work for me anymore so I'm putting Bepanthene Plus on my lips lately. It helps better.

Crazzzzzy back pain and joint pain . I can't sit for long and I can't stand up for long. I feel like an old lady... This side effect is one I didn't ever expected but yeah old lady syndrome is going on lately.

It's summertime here and weather is super hot, combining with accutane, comes dry mouth. I drink lots of water, lemonade and iced tea.

That's about it on side effects.

I'll get my bloodwork done soon and I'm so scared that they won't prescribe me accutane. I ate lots of fatty food and I drank a lot this mont - lots of celebration and depression drinking happened over and over - I was really careful last month and my cholestherol was still high, so this month I guess it'll be a lot higher :(

I swear I will be more careful if my derm gives the medicine again, please god please!

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 07/03/2014 5:22 am

-Day 59-

So I went to get my bloodwork done today, I was very scared that h-the doctor wouldn't let me get another box of pill because I thought I had even higher cholestherol than before.But my doctor said that he didn't want to make a blood test because, as planned, I will be taking a 20mg pill every other day for the third and fourth month. This is suppossed to be my last box of accutane if things go as planned.

I'm so happy I didn't chicken out when my derm first prescribed accutane, this thing works guys!

I'm on a low dose, it is suppossed to make less side effects but it still massacced my lips and other things I told about before but they are tolerable.

It is almost 2 months now and even though I'll get my period in 2 days I have only one active pimple! Before accutane I'd get like at least 8-10 at once...

There is nothing left on my chest, just some scars, same with my back too! I have just some littttttle tiny pimples on my back but they are nothing compared to before.

Hopes are high, fingers are crossed for a clear skin!