Notifications
Clear all

Could Someone Please Help With Some Advice Regarding Hormones And Treatments....

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 05/14/2014 1:25 am

Hi everyone,

I could really use some advice right now as I am really struggling...

I am 22.

I am pretty convinced that I have some hormonal imbalance. I have been dealing with red spots (some I suspect are cystic as they hurt a bit when I touch them) on my jaw and cheeks for about 1 year now.

I have had a blood test for PCOS-came back negative.

I have also had blood tests for hormones and the doctor said they were all fine also.

I know something is wrong. Acne is not in my family.

I don't know what to take to help this. I have read people's posts about things like DIM, natural progesterone cream and inositol etc.

But I am not sure what do take. I am worried about making it worse because I don't know what hormones are causing me trouble. Though I do think I have the symptoms of high androgens and maybe low progesterone and something wrong with estrogen levels, along with that. But I can't be sure, can I?

I know DIM is pretty good because it is meant to put everything back in balance. Do people think this is a pretty safe thing to take.

Any advice would be really great. I come on this site every day to read post after post and I just feel so lost about what to do next. And I do need to do something because I have noticed that I have some scarring-and some really horrible skin texture that may also be scarring I don't know.

Appreciate the help :-)

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/14/2014 6:31 am

Maybe you are androgen sensitive, as there is no noticeable imbalance in the tests. If you breakout before your period then it is highly possible. I am kind of like that. I had normal levels and ovaries looked fine but i was prescribed the pill years ago. Now that i am back to acne i try the natural way. I combine vitex and saw palmetto. I have read that this combination is good for a total hormonal stability. I can say it does work to an extent because my pms is improved. I am not sure yet about acne, i want to check a couple of cycles and the pimples i may have. For the moment i am before my period and face is clear. Lets see...

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 05/14/2014 9:51 pm

Yeah I have read a bit about Vitex and saw palmetto.

I am worried about making things worse though and these two herbs seem to have pretty specific actions.

That's why I thought for me (because I am not sure about what imbalance I have) it would be better to take DIM (Estroblock brand probably) because it is meant to detox 'bad estrogen's' and therefore but all hormones back into balance or Inositol which I think does something similar. Used for women with PCOS.

I am thinking DIM is the best bet because it should help with testosterone balance or helping with an androgen sensitivity. While I am not so sure about Inositol.

Would really like to hear from anyone who has any experience with these.

In regards to acne and my cycle, I never use to take much notice of that because it seemed my acne was just constantly bad. It has gotten better over the past couple of months and I think I have noticed that it is worse about a week or 2 before my period. But also maybe around ovulation (?). I don't know when I am ovulating though. I have long periods, like 38 days, but my last one was 28 days! so they're long sometimes and other times not apparently.

So yeah, I am just massively confused about what is going on.

Not sure whether to try and fine a good naturopath in my nearest city to help me out, or just stick around on here and do my own research. There seem to be some people on here who are very knowledgeable.

Again, any advice would be great. (Sorry for the essay!)