Notifications
Clear all

Sudden Flaky Skin?

MemberMember
(@nostromo)

Posted : 05/14/2014 12:35 am

Hello,

I'm having some issues and I'd like to see if someone can help me / tell me what might be the causes.

I'm like a month into the regimen. My acne is getting better, I still break out but better still. Thing is, I'm having trouble with random, eventual flaky days.

I started handling my dryness pretty well after founding the right mosturizer for me and adding jojoba oil, but there are this random days when, all of the sudden, my skin gets SERIOUSLY flaky, dead skin patches everywhere.

It's not related to a higher dose of BP or extra washing of my face or a change in the products I use. It seems just... random; rest of the time I handle dryness just fine, usually having to mosturize a couple of more times than two but it's ok.

..But those days, the sudden flakiness ones, no matter how much I mosturize, a couple of minutes later my skin is peeling again.

I don't know. Any ideas?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 05/14/2014 8:52 am

In my experience, if you live in an area where the humidity can fluctuate from really high one day to really low the next, you may notice some inconsistencies in the hydration of your skin. When it's really humid where I live, I hardly need any moisturizer at all. When the humidity drops and the air is dry, I get flaky spots.

On the days you are more dry, use more moisturizer and jojoba oil. Make sure you aren't washing too long or using too hot of water.

Please also look closely at the areas to be sure they are just dry and flaky and not red irritated flaky areas. If there is redness and irritation in those flaky areas you may want to see your doctor to see if you are having an adverse reaction. Red, irritated flaky areas that come and go are not typical.

Hope that helps.