Notifications
Clear all

Still Getting Acne, But Why?

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 05/13/2014 10:23 pm

Hi so my diet for the past couple of months has been whole-grain gluten-free grains and carbs, organic veggies, organic fruits except melons, whole natural nuts and seeds, light olive oil, sea salt, all natural organic meats and fish and eggs, organic green tea, water, almond/coconut milk, all natural stevia sweetener, all natural peanut butter sometimes, all natural jams, 80% dark chocolate sometimes. I eat one carbs/grains meal a day, either whole-grain gluten-free bread, tortillas, brown rice pasta, brown rice, or old fashioned oatmeal. I have a salad every day with almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, all natural creamy ranch and sometimes a meat (mostly chicken). I have a protein meal or two a day of either organic eggs, chicken, ham, hamburger meat, turkey, or fish including salmon and talapia with a veggie. My most eaten veggies are salads with spinach and lettuce, carrots, celery, asparagus, green beans, broccoli and cauliflower sometimes. My most eaten fruits are apples, oranges, pears, all berries, bananas, avocado sometimes, mango sometimes. I cook with light olive oil and sea salt.I drink water, organic green tea and almond/coconut milk. I throw in and eat fruits, veggies and nuts (mainly fruits and nuts) at random times throughout the day. I drink at least a glass of green tea and two 20oz bottles of water a day. My sweet snack is dark chocolate or whole-grain fig newtons on occasion. I do ab workouts and run for excersise. I only use shampoo when my hair is actually dirty and i barely use conditioner. I use lemon juice on my face and benzoyl peroxide on pimples overnight daily. I keep honey on my entire face for at least 10 minutes every morning. Every other day i cleanse my face with apple cider vinegar and a baking soda/salt paste. I get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. I barely drink alcohol. I change pillow cases every other day. I take supplements including zinc. I shave my face every other day. I only rinse my face before cleansing with warm water and after with cold water. I change my bed every two weeks. ALL OF THIS, AND I STILL GET ACNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY LIFE HAS PRETTY MUCH COMPLETELY CHANGED BECAUSE OF MY ACNE. I think the best ive kept acne down is when i only ate fruits, veggies and nuts and seeds for a week, but i was so sluggish. I know that refined sugar make me breakout with huge nodules on my jawbone and i breakout from potatoes. I am the only child of five that has gotten intense acne.I am very light and dry skinned and do not tan easily. I live with three cats and use to be allergic to cats. I have not very bad allergies. Sometimes i get headache for a couple days in the row and then sometimes wont for a long period of time. SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT COULD STILL BE CAUSING MY ACNE

MemberMember
(@excelfirst)

Posted : 05/14/2014 6:30 pm

It seems like a few of the products you use contain dairy. Try to stay away from dairy for a few weeks (suggestively 6 weeks) and see if you see any improvement. The majority of people breakout from dairy because of the hormones from cows. Give it a shot, and if it works, continue. My acne has gotten 70% lighter and I barely breakout. That is, unless I have a cheat day with cookies or pizza. Give it a try!

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 05/15/2014 11:55 pm

It seems like a few of the products you use contain dairy. Try to stay away from dairy for a few weeks (suggestively 6 weeks) and see if you see any improvement. The majority of people breakout from dairy because of the hormones from cows. Give it a shot, and if it works, continue. My acne has gotten 70% lighter and I barely breakout. That is, unless I have a cheat day with cookies or pizza. Give it a try!

Which includes dairy? Cause i have cut out all obvious dairy products such as milk and cheese. Also ive been told to eat yogurt for digestion related acne

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 05/16/2014 4:52 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/16/2014 5:43 pm

Hi so my diet for the past couple of months has been whole-grain gluten-free grains and carbs, organic veggies, organic fruits except melons, whole natural nuts and seeds, light olive oil, sea salt, all natural organic meats and fish and eggs, organic green tea, water, almond/coconut milk, all natural stevia sweetener, all natural peanut butter sometimes, all natural jams, 80% dark chocolate sometimes. I eat one carbs/grains meal a day, either whole-grain gluten-free bread, tortillas, brown rice pasta, brown rice, or old fashioned oatmeal. I have a salad every day with almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, all natural creamy ranch and sometimes a meat (mostly chicken). I have a protein meal or two a day of either organic eggs, chicken, ham, hamburger meat, turkey, or fish including salmon and talapia with a veggie. My most eaten veggies are salads with spinach and lettuce, carrots, celery, asparagus, green beans, broccoli and cauliflower sometimes. My most eaten fruits are apples, oranges, pears, all berries, bananas, avocado sometimes, mango sometimes. I cook with light olive oil and sea salt.I drink water, organic green tea and almond/coconut milk. I throw in and eat fruits, veggies and nuts (mainly fruits and nuts) at random times throughout the day. I drink at least a glass of green tea and two 20oz bottles of water a day. My sweet snack is dark chocolate or whole-grain fig newtons on occasion. I do ab workouts and run for excersise. I only use shampoo when my hair is actually dirty and i barely use conditioner. I use lemon juice on my face and benzoyl peroxide on pimples overnight daily. I keep honey on my entire face for at least 10 minutes every morning. Every other day i cleanse my face with apple cider vinegar and a baking soda/salt paste. I get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. I barely drink alcohol. I change pillow cases every other day. I take supplements including zinc. I shave my face every other day. I only rinse my face before cleansing with warm water and after with cold water. I change my bed every two weeks. ALL OF THIS, AND I STILL GET ACNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY LIFE HAS PRETTY MUCH COMPLETELY CHANGED BECAUSE OF MY ACNE. I think the best ive kept acne down is when i only ate fruits, veggies and nuts and seeds for a week, but i was so sluggish. I know that refined sugar make me breakout with huge nodules on my jawbone and i breakout from potatoes. I am the only child of five that has gotten intense acne.I am very light and dry skinned and do not tan easily. I live with three cats and use to be allergic to cats. I have not very bad allergies. Sometimes i get headache for a couple days in the row and then sometimes wont for a long period of time. SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT COULD STILL BE CAUSING MY ACNE

Your diet looks really good. But if i had to make suggestions i would say drop the peanut butter and try going completely paleo for 3 months. Green smoothies are also a great thing to add. Do you have pictures of your acne? Also, what's your skin care regimen like?

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 05/16/2014 5:58 pm

Your diet looks really good. But if i had to make suggestions i would say drop the peanut butter and try going completely paleo for 3 months. Green smoothies are also a great thing to add. Do you have pictures of your acne? Also, what's your skin care regimen like?

I eat natural peanut butter only about once or twice a week (small servings) and what is completely paleo apart from my diet already? I also tried green smoothies for about 2 weeks and saw now improvement. No, no pictures yet but i probably should take some. My regimen is in the morning, shave my face, rinse with warm water and spread honey over my face and leave on for at least 10 minutes. shower and after i get out i wait about 10mins or so to put on aloe vera gel and then another 10mins after that to put on non-comedegenic moisturizer. at night i wash my face with warm water and sometimes use baking soda/salt paste on pimples and then rinse that off and put on and leave on lemon juice overnight

MemberMember
(@excelfirst)

Posted : 05/16/2014 7:02 pm

I eat natural peanut butter only about once or twice a week (small servings) and what is completely paleo apart from my diet already? I also tried green smoothies for about 2 weeks and saw now improvement. No, no pictures yet but i probably should take some. My regimen is in the morning, shave my face, rinse with warm water and spread honey over my face and leave on for at least 10 minutes. shower and after i get out i wait about 10mins or so to put on aloe vera gel and then another 10mins after that to put on non-comedegenic moisturizer. at night i wash my face with warm water and sometimes use baking soda/salt paste on pimples and then rinse that off and put on and leave on lemon juice overnight

To answer your reply to me, dairy is basically everything like milk and cheese. And products that contains it. Most processed foods contain it, so just look at the label. You might be able to eat/drink dairy, by in very little and moderate amounts. Yogurt is basically milk. You could try getting multivitamins/probiotics that are good towards digestions and/or fulfilling daily vitamin intake.

Now for your reply to the other guy, what you're doing actually seems pretty good. The only thing that might be 'over-kill' is the baking soda/salt paste and then lemon juice. You might be fine with just the baking soda/salt paste, but the lemon juice might be breaking you out, since it overdrys. Instead of leaving on lemon juice, just put lemon in water and drink it. It doesn't harm your skin directly and gives you antioxidants when you drink it.

You should check if you have a allergy to peanut butter from an allergist. I personally love peanut butter and I don't break out from it, because I don't have allergies to any nuts. But, check to see if you have sensitivities to peanut butter before eating it. If you don't, keep eating it, it's pretty good for you, though it is very fattening.

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 05/16/2014 10:58 pm

To answer your reply to me, dairy is basically everything like milk and cheese. And products that contains it. Most processed foods contain it, so just look at the label. You might be able to eat/drink dairy, by in very little and moderate amounts. Yogurt is basically milk. You could try getting multivitamins/probiotics that are good towards digestions and/or fulfilling daily vitamin intake.

Now for your reply to the other guy, what you're doing actually seems pretty good. The only thing that might be 'over-kill' is the baking soda/salt paste and then lemon juice. You might be fine with just the baking soda/salt paste, but the lemon juice might be breaking you out, since it overdrys. Instead of leaving on lemon juice, just put lemon in water and drink it. It doesn't harm your skin directly and gives you antioxidants when you drink it.

You should check if you have a allergy to peanut butter from an allergist. I personally love peanut butter and I don't break out from it, because I don't have allergies to any nuts. But, check to see if you have sensitivities to peanut butter before eating it. If you don't, keep eating it, it's pretty good for you, though it is very fattening.

The baking soda drys my face out a ton. I know for a fact that the lemon juice heals my face and lightens my acne scars so im not gonna stop that. I have not eaten any dairy in a couple of months but am now going to try non-fat cultured greek yogurt and see what happens. I've been taking probiotics and other supplement but still have digestive issues at times and believe a lot of my acne is from this. I also believe that my hormones are a bit messed up. I am going to go on a carb-free diet for awhile and see how that goes. As for the allergy, ive literally just eaten handfuls of peanuts at a time and was completely fine, so no allergy there.

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 05/17/2014 11:41 pm

bumpppppppppppppppppp

MemberMember
(@noninflammatory)

Posted : 05/18/2014 12:34 am

You want to avoid acne-causing inflammation, which could come from internal or external sources.

The point of your diet is to avoid internal inflammation, but it may not work if you suffer from hormonal imbalances. If you are a girl, a very good idea is going on the pill, and taking it very very regularly, right on the minute every day. You could also try DIM. Also, getting a lot of vitamin A helps, and to avoid toxicity issues, take with lots of Vitamin D. I think fermented cod liver oil helped me. Ginger, tumeric and fish oil are also good ideas. Avoid sugar, and eat fruit in moderation.

External sources of inflammation could come from putting too many things on your face. You may know best what works for you, but I would just go with the gentlest cleanser and moisturizer, once a day (night) only. Active (UMF 10+) Manuka honey is the only other thing I would consider putting on my face overnight.

By taking the pill very regularly, taking DIM, taking fermented cod liver oil, avoiding milk and sugar (not strictly at all), using gentle cleansers and leaving Manuka honey on any spots for as long as I can, I have completely gotten rid of my acne. My experience was that you have to do a lot to avoid internal inflammation, but avoiding external inflammation is pretty easy. Just don't do too much.

MemberMember
(@sabrigb35)

Posted : 05/18/2014 9:07 am

I will tell you to cut peanut butter. That's it. Your diet seems really good.

I will also cut nuts, but only a little bit. They are good. But if you eat too many of them, you could have a break out.

Do you sleep 8 hours and relax? It looks like you are suffering a little.

Try to see if you are allergic to a product or a home remedy, that might be.

Also, try to look for non-comedogenic products.

Good luck