Notifications
Clear all

Avoiding Work,school, Social Events...etc Due To Acne

MemberMember
(@ocnblitzgmail-com)

Posted : 05/13/2014 1:08 pm

Anyone else?

I don't really do much at all because I don't want people looking at my face.

MemberMember
(@anniebearvu)

Posted : 05/13/2014 1:12 pm

I'm the exact same way, and it's the worst feeling ever.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 05/13/2014 2:27 pm

im the same bro hopefully for not long though i am cuurently workin for the cure. stay strong man you willl beat this

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/13/2014 2:36 pm

we've all been there- then when we beat the acne, it's the scars...

but keep going out, find good friends who love you for you, or family, you don't need many, but get out of the house

and make your plan to wage war against acne and scars and make continuous improvement

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 05/13/2014 7:26 pm

I use to avoid going to the gym because of my acne,

but I'm kinda past that stage now.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/13/2014 8:06 pm

Don't give up Josh. You're bigger and better than acne.

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 05/14/2014 4:04 am

If you don't have scars. You shouldn't be like that. I do not say acne is not problem at all. Acne scars are definitely much worse than acne itself. And the bad news, scars are permanent!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 05/14/2014 8:35 am

What is it what you are all trying to achieve anyway?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/17/2014 9:55 pm

Anyone else?

I don't really do much at all because I don't want people looking at my face.

I do that sometimes, but other times I just use my skin as an excuse to avoid doing things. But I keep busy anyway, and go about my day and try to ignore my skin problems.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 05/31/2014 5:20 pm

i know that feeling !! ..but believe me , it's nothing comparable when acne become scars !! , acne change from one week to another week, become more better with good care , but scars is here forever , i have severe scars all over my face , they damaged my life , education ( Supposed that i finish college from 4 years , but i'm still can't due to severe depression and social isolation ) , so i know what you feel !!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 06/01/2014 3:05 am

What is working for me right now is psychiatry and the support I get from there. They are the most nice people in the entire world. They actually care about me.

MemberMember
(@rocker165)

Posted : 06/01/2014 3:28 am

Well i actually thought that aside from my dermatologist, i should also see a psychologist or some counselor or even a priest just to make me feel better. I keep on praying to God to make my acne gone and I'm hoping that He'll do it because I seriously cant handle this stuff anymore. It makes me depressed, gives me severe mood swings....in short, its driving me crazy!

MemberMember
(@lyannastark)

Posted : 06/01/2014 8:55 am

You may feel like this and start to avoid people, but don't lose touch with your close friends and family. Their support will definitely help you through it.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/01/2014 12:04 pm

Well i actually thought that aside from my dermatologist, i should also see a psychologist or some counselor or even a priest just to make me feel better. I keep on praying to God to make my acne gone and I'm hoping that He'll do it because I seriously cant handle this stuff anymore. It makes me depressed, gives me severe mood swings....in short, its driving me crazy!

I've found that in regards to God, he may not always answer our prayers the way that we want but he does answer them. If he doesn't take this burden away from you, it just means it is meant to faciliate some learning from you. I am going through a similar struggle with my acne and honestly, i ave gotten so much closer to him now that i am in the pits. I feel this experience is building me as a person and i know that he is by my side.....always, May you get that sense of peace too bortha.

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 06/01/2014 12:50 pm

panicjack : " scars are permanent "

This is not true.

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 06/01/2014 1:27 pm

Definitely have been there and still dread going to work some days. I saw a counselor about my anxiety for almost a year. She encouraged me to put myself in stressful situations to practice calming down. To be honest I think the stress made my acne worse.

I think it is important to have a plan and stay positive. It is OK to be alone. Don't sulk. Do things to improve your mind and your body. Exercise, learn a language and read books! I was a pretty hardcore gamer for about 1.5 years because of my acne and I wish I had spent the time by myself more constructively.

Just on the topic of exercise I was at a marathon this past weekend and I probably saw thousands of runners and I did not see anybody with major acne (usually the first thing I notice new people is their skin--it's sick). If you are an adult I would take a break from indoor training and do some hardcore outdoor cardio. I don't know anybody who does regular cardio (30+ mins) and has bad acne. Please don't respond with names of professional athletes with acne. Most athletes are younger than myself, have very bad diets and don't have great hygiene. IDK Food for thought.

edit: bad sentence