Notifications
Clear all

Aczone Vs Bp

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 05/13/2014 12:35 pm

Hi all,

can anyone tell me if they replaced their aczone with BP 2.5%? Ive been on aczone for 6 months now along with tazorac...it worked ok at first but now, of course, acne is coming back. I think I'm developing a tolerance to aczone...I know some people use taz and bp together. Just wanted to know if this combo can be more effective.

I know dan says you cannot build a tolerance to bp, is this actually true? has anyone found any literature on this?

Thanks everyone.s

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/13/2014 1:01 pm

Hi

I don't know anything about aczone so I can't comment on that. However my daughter has been using bp and tazorac for a couple of months and it has worked extremely well for her. She had been following the Regimen and using 2.5% bp since January 2014 and it cleared her up about 80%. When she went to the dermatologist in March he prescribed tazorac for her to use at night. He said she could use the bp with the tazorac as long as she used the bp in the morning and the tazorac at night. You cannot use them at the same time or on top of one another or they cancel the benefits of each cream ie. you need to apply them separately and about 12 hrs apart (hope that is clear). Anyways using them together she is 99% clear and even her left over red marks are starting to fade.

Hopefully she won't build up a tolerance as you point out.

Just my two cents worth!

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 05/13/2014 8:28 pm

Hi

I don't know anything about aczone so I can't comment on that. However my daughter has been using bp and tazorac for a couple of months and it has worked extremely well for her. She had been following the Regimen and using 2.5% bp since January 2014 and it cleared her up about 80%. When she went to the dermatologist in March he prescribed tazorac for her to use at night. He said she could use the bp with the tazorac as long as she used the bp in the morning and the tazorac at night. You cannot use them at the same time or on top of one another or they cancel the benefits of each cream ie. you need to apply them separately and about 12 hrs apart (hope that is clear). Anyways using them together she is 99% clear and even her left over red marks are starting to fade.

Hopefully she won't build up a tolerance as you point out.

Just my two cents worth!

Hope, thank you for the detailed reply.

Does your daughter use dan's cleanser and moisturizer twice a day?

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/13/2014 10:16 pm

Hi

She uses dan's cleanser but not his moisturizer. His moisturizer seems to get very mixed reviews with about half the people liking it and the other half not happy with it. The main complaint seems to be that they feel it doesn't absorb well into their skin. She uses moisturizers made by CeraVe, one called AM which is for the daytime and has a spf15 and one called PM which is for nighttime (the nighttime one has niacinimide (sp?)) which is good for her hyperpigmentation and goes well with the Tazorac.

We live in Canada so I'm not sure if that brand is available elsewhere.

And yes she cleanses and moisturizes twice a day.

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 05/14/2014 12:20 am

Yep, I actually have those two moisturizers. Excellent, thank you for your replies. I'm a little worried about excessive redness and flaky skin with tazorac and bp., I already get extreme drying due to tazorac. Was this or still is a problem?

thank you