Notifications
Clear all

A Total Basket Case.. Please Have A Look!

MemberMember
(@endofme)

Posted : 05/13/2014 6:27 am

Hello everyone, I've been lurking on these boards for years, as I've pretty much given up all hope. Now I feel like making a last ditch effort at having my face fixed, so I've registered and uploaded some pictures.

Can anyone tell me what my options are with these scars?

Who do I talk to?

I'm a 28 yo male, not 70 like I look.. Pictures are taken in flat light outdoors to show the worst condition. Note also the wrinkles. What do I do??

post-396662-0-18373100-1399980274.jpg

post-396662-0-45169500-1399980290.jpg

post-396662-0-11838400-1399980301.jpg

post-396662-0-18373100-1399980274.jpg

post-396662-0-45169500-1399980290.jpg

post-396662-0-11838400-1399980301.jpg

MemberMember
(@jayjay786)

Posted : 05/14/2014 7:00 am

have you taken accutance previously?

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 05/14/2014 7:10 am

jay have u consultated with any people in london?

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 05/14/2014 7:55 am

My skin is worse than yours. Besides large pores, orange peel texture, scars and wrinkles, I also have hypopigmentation and uneven color left by a laser I had in 1999.

I think deep scars are the most disfiguring and unnatural thing, when compared to bad texture and wrinkles. The best option to treat them is subcision.

Needling seems to work for shallow scars. I have been doing it for a year now but I need one more year to know if it really works. It's quite slow.

I will also use a 15% TCA peel along with copper peptides and vitamin A to try to improve the texture and tone.

What I find difficult about deciding the way to go is the conflicting reviews and information available on the internet. I got to the conclusion that the only way to know whether something works is testing it. I chose the least invasive and less risky treatments I listed above, after reading thousands of posts here.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 05/14/2014 9:17 am

My skin is worse than yours. Besides large pores, orange peel texture, scars and wrinkles, I also have hypopigmentation and uneven color left by a laser I had in 1999.

I think deep scars are the most disfiguring and unnatural thing, when compared to bad texture and wrinkles. The best option to treat them is subcision.

Needling seems to work for shallow scars. I have been doing it for a year now but I need one more year to know if it really works. It's quite slow.

I will also use a 15% TCA peel along with copper peptides and vitamin A to try to improve the texture and tone.

What I find difficult about deciding the way to go is the conflicting reviews and information available on the internet. I got to the conclusion that the only way to know whether something works is testing it. I chose the least invasive and less risky treatments I listed above, after reading thousands of posts here.

you can fix your hypopigmentation with recell

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@endofme)

Posted : 05/14/2014 6:11 pm

Why yes I have, perhaps ten years ago.. I suspect this is part of the reason for my premature MPB..

MemberMember
(@jayjay786)

Posted : 05/14/2014 7:49 pm

jay have u consultated with any people in london?

I have seen dr Teixeira in hammersmith hospital - trying to get one with dr chu, yourself?

Why yes I have, perhaps ten years ago.. I suspect this is part of the reason for my premature MPB..

Yea dude honestly your skin is not that hard to fix - my skin looked similar to yours during and after accutane. And I started eating healthy, lots of fish, salad (avacados) no fried food, no junk food, no choc, no overly processed dairy, no crisp e.t.c....lots of chicken. Lots of gym (running and weights). Sleeping well for at least 8 hours. And also started putting extra virgin olive oil on my skin using the oil cleansing method. And my skin started looking significantly better. Further more I took steam shower maybe once a week for no longer than 15 minutes and occasionally used apple cider vinegar. Honestly give this a go. My skin looked near perfect after 1-6 months of this, but than I went and got my self a job doing night shifts which alleviated to me getting scars all over my face :(

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/15/2014 6:49 am

Have you thought of leaving your face unshaved? Its kind of a camouflage....

Anyway, you dont look that bad. And wrinkles are handsome in men.

jayjay786 liked
MemberMember
(@endofme)

Posted : 05/16/2014 12:07 pm

@jayjay786: thanks man.. The photos are taken in the worst kind of light where you get the shadows on the scars.. In a dimly lit room it doesnt look that bad, but I'm getting tired of avoiding the light..

What are my best options to investigate? Cora therapy? Lasers?

@5beauty: i usually have some stubble on my face which helps, but I miss being able to shave down neatly..

To top it all off my MPB is getting worse and worse...

MemberMember
(@endofme)

Posted : 05/18/2014 1:31 pm

Any input? Should I pursue laser therapy?

Also, will another stint of accutane make matters worse?

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 05/18/2014 3:46 pm

Any input? Should I pursue laser therapy?

Also, will another stint of accutane make matters worse?

No, you absolutely do not need accutane since you don't have any active acne from what I can see. Laser treatment is always debatable, but it usually comes with some side effects, especially ablative ones.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/19/2014 2:20 am

Why would you take Accutane? Seems like your acne has been under control. I would consider a comprehensive skin care routine like the Obagi Nuderm line. For general skin care and anti-aging I personally think Retin-A, topical Vitamin C 20%, and sunscreen are essential.

For the scarring, probably multiple subcisions and fractional laser like the Total FX.

MemberMember
(@endofme)

Posted : 05/21/2014 5:33 am

I still get quite a bit of acne, although perhaps not as deep and infected as I used to.. But having this problem for 15 years and male pattern baldness on top of that makes me think there has to be a fix for both of them.. Different derms never bothered to examine me further, they just gave me antibiotics...

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/21/2014 1:25 pm

what's your history? and what's your diet like? why don't you consider visiting a derm?

MemberMember
(@endofme)

Posted : 05/23/2014 6:42 am

what's your history? and what's your diet like? why don't you consider visiting a derm?

My history is acne since about age 13, I'm now 28.. Been on and off antibiotics up until age 23 when I about gave up. Tried accutane at age 16 with little effect. I also suspect accutane for kicking off my early mpb..

I want to see a derm, but have kind of lost faith in them, as the ones I have visited always seemed to think inside the box. They never entertained the idea that they would have to do some kind of testing to see if I have some kind of condition...

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/25/2014 7:43 am

What do you suspect is causing this condition? I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Did you complete the course of Accutane or did you stop midway through treatment?

Unfortunately, nothing less than a dermatologist will be able to address your concerns about scarring and prematurely aged skin. As for your hair issues, there's really only a few realistic options. There's drugs like Propecia and minoxidil, and there's surgery like hair transplants, but that is beyond the scope of this board. For your skin issues, you look like you have sun damage in addition to the scars, and only resurfacing treatments (peels, lasers) and diligent and aggressive skin care will help with that.