Notifications
Clear all

How To Exfoliate With Fingers?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 05/13/2014 3:44 am

As my skin is very sensitive, i've been trying to exfoliate my face with just fingers. Thing is, i don't really feel dead skin coming off, therefore i don't feel like i'm exfoliating effectively? Is there any specific way to do this or what? Thanks guys :)

MemberMember
(@excelfirst)

Posted : 05/13/2014 4:56 pm

You could always use your hand - which is probably your best option. What you do is glide your hand around your face in slow circular motions. Be as gentle up to the point where you aren't technically touching your face, just gently exfoliating your face. Try that.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 05/14/2014 3:57 am

Yeah i tried, but the thing is, while i'm rubbing my face in gentle circular motions, my face is wet as i usually do it whilst washing my face. When my face is wet and i do this, i dont feel like anything's coming off (therefore i dont feel like im exfoliating), whereas if i rub my nose for example and my face is dry, if i rub enough i can actually get dead skin to come off into my hand? I'm really having trouble explaining this hahah...

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 05/14/2014 4:00 pm

anyone?

MemberMember
(@peonia)

Posted : 05/14/2014 4:08 pm

Apply some more pressure on your fingers while you're massaging the exfoliant into your skin. For any skin that's coming off, they're small pieces and you won't really see it unless you're peeling. Is that what you're aiming for? You want large chunks of flaky skin to fall off? If that's what you want then you need to dry up your face with something like BP. That's one of the ways to see large chunks of flaky skin.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/14/2014 4:31 pm

If you are following the Regimen they recommend using chemical exfoliants (ie. AHA glycolic acid) rather than manual exfoliants. Manual exfoliants can be too harsh and irritate your skin even more which is not really what you want.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to exfoliate with your hands?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 05/15/2014 1:04 am

i want to exfoliate with my fingers because im doing the water washing only method. i wash my hands with soap, then just splash my face with water and sort of rub my face gently in circular motions. im doing this method because i was sick and tired of every product making my face either red, or tired-looking :/

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 05/17/2014 5:07 am

bump?

MemberMember
(@susana998)

Posted : 04/18/2019 4:31 am

On 5/15/2014 at 9:04 AM, Estranged said:

i want to exfoliate with my fingers because im doing the water washing only method. i wash my hands with soap, then just splash my face with water and sort of rub my face gently in circular motions. im doing this method because i was sick and tired of every product making my face either red, or tired-looking :/

I do the exact same thing. I don't use any exfoliating products. And I do see good results. 

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 05/08/2022 8:11 am

To apply a scrub, make small, circular motions with your finger or use your preferred exfoliating tool. Make short, light strokes with a brush. Exfoliate for 30 seconds, then rinse with lukewarm, not hot, water. Exfoliating should be avoided if your skin has cuts, open wounds, or is sunburned.