Notifications
Clear all

Best Way To Reduce Redness?

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 05/12/2014 9:31 pm

Hi guys,

Well, I'm having some early success with a new product I'm trying: Neutrogena Naturals Acne Cream Cleanser.

Anyway, my acne has improved a lot (so far, at least) and I'm not only getting a couple of small whiteheads a day. However, I'm still seeing redness, especially around the nose and chin area.

Any idea how I can reduce the redness? I've used a lot of products in the past to try and keep my acne at bay, though this is the first cleanser to make a real difference. Hoping it continues to work, but it would be nice to eliminate the redness, too.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@excelfirst)

Posted : 05/13/2014 5:24 pm

I'm not sure if Rosacea patients are the only one's that get redness from harsh cleansers but it might be the cleanser. The cleanser might be irritant to your face (but still im happy its working for you!), to reduce the redness you can get ice and just put it on your face for around 2 mins on each spot(s). That's how I do it for my Rosacea atleast, so I'm sure it'll work for you too.

MemberMember
(@guzzi33)

Posted : 05/13/2014 7:12 pm

Aloe Vera!!! Straight after the shower, then moisterize if thats what you normally do.

This has helped me so much, calms everything right down

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 05/13/2014 7:35 pm

I'm not sure if Rosacea patients are the only one's that get redness from harsh cleansers but it might be the cleanser. The cleanser might be irritant to your face (but still im happy its working for you!), to reduce the redness you can get ice and just put it on your face for around 2 mins on each spot(s). That's how I do it for my Rosacea atleast, so I'm sure it'll work for you too.

The redness always seems to be there no matter what cleanser I use - it's less redness of a spot but more redness of an area...I guess it's more of a minor problem compared to the spots that were there before, though!

Aloe Vera!!! Straight after the shower, then moisterize if thats what you normally do.

This has helped me so much, calms everything right down

Hmm, that's interesting. I'll give it a go - I don't moisturise as it seems to make me worse, but I'll give this a shot. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@guzzi33)

Posted : 05/13/2014 7:55 pm

Its so good. I used to have alot if redness but dont anymore. I dont use moisterizer either (at night) I just use the aloe vera. And just the after sun gel, doesnt have to be the pure aloe.

MemberMember
(@incognito-in-sc)

Posted : 05/15/2014 2:51 pm

Be careful introducing something new to your face. Not everyone reacts the same. If you try the aloe vera, I would suggest not applying it to your entire face at first. Try a small test area for a few days to see how you react. If it improves, then go for it.

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 05/15/2014 6:55 pm

Its so good. I used to have alot if redness but dont anymore. I dont use moisterizer either (at night) I just use the aloe vera. And just the after sun gel, doesnt have to be the pure aloe.

Thanks, I'll try it out!

Be careful introducing something new to your face. Not everyone reacts the same. If you try the aloe vera, I would suggest not applying it to your entire face at first. Try a small test area for a few days to see how you react. If it improves, then go for it.

Yep, good idea - I'll just try it in one area :)

MemberMember
(@goosy)

Posted : 05/16/2014 10:49 am

Using pure chimp super cleanser I have got rid of rocasea.

Just recommend you to use it for solving this skin problem.