Brought My Very Oil...

Notifications
Clear all

Brought My Very Oily Skin Down To Almost None

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 05/11/2014 11:42 am

Short and sweet.

Cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, then apply Finacea 15% Gel.

Went from blotting my face seven times a day, in a six hour period, to blotting one time in the same period of time.

Finacea is rx only. I've never had something work so well, and might not even consider asking my Derm for Accutane now.

MemberMember
(@stage1)

Posted : 05/12/2014 5:05 pm

Short and sweet.

Cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, then apply Finacea 15% Gel.

Went from blotting my face seven times a day, in a six hour period, to blotting one time in the same period of time.

Finacea is rx only. I've never had something work so well, and might not even consider asking my Derm for Accutane now.

Just ordered the Cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser since I've got really oily skin.

How well did it actually work? How long did it take before you saw results and did it cause you any side effects?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@jofo)

Posted : 05/12/2014 6:19 pm

Just ordered the Cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser since I've got really oily skin.

How well did it actually work? How long did it take before you saw results and did it cause you any side effects?

Thanks

It's the Finacea (azelaic acid) that's causing his improvement, not the Cerave cleanser. There are a couple of studies suggesting that azelaic acid may decrease sebum production, but there are more studies demonstrating that it has no effect on sebum.

I haven't seen many Finacea success stories regarding oily skin, so I'm inclined to believe it's a treatment that only works for a small percentage of people. I'd love to be wrong, though.

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 05/17/2014 9:04 pm

Thanks

It's the Finacea (azelaic acid) that's causing his improvement, not the Cerave cleanser. There are a couple of studies suggesting that azelaic acid may decrease sebum production, but there are more studies demonstrating that it has no effect on sebum.

I haven't seen many Finacea success stories regarding oily skin, so I'm inclined to believe it's a treatment that only works for a small percentage of people. I'd love to be wrong, though.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I think the cleanser had a bit of an impact as well. I was doing the same method but instead of the Cerave clanser, I was using Cetaphil Daily Cleanser, and this was since I've started using Finacea. My oily skin never got better up until a made the switch. It could be the timing of using Finacea for so long, but I doubt it.