Notifications
Clear all

Acne After 2 Rounds Of Accutane

MemberMember
(@empireuk)

Posted : 05/11/2014 5:30 am

Hi guys, I've been on 2 rounds of accutane, the first one in 2009/2010 that lasted 5 months and the second time in 2012 for 6 months. I don't remember the dosage but I think it was on the high side cause I'm 5'10 and weight 170lb. Both times it seemed to work for a year and then it would come back. Last year I went to Kaiser and the doctor just gave me retin-a but I don't see much of an improvement with it. I'm still breaking out and I feel like I'm too old for this, since I am now 26. I've been battling acne since middle school and tried every thing under the sun, from home remedies, to OTC products to proactive/skin id. I just feel like I'm going crazy and can't seem to find something to keep it under control. I have modified my diet countless times but fail to see a difference.

Anyone been through a similar situation that can offer some advice? Could a 3rd round of accutane be the answer?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/11/2014 5:08 pm

Hi guys, I've been on 2 rounds of accutane, the first one in 2009/2010 that lasted 5 months and the second time in 2012 for 6 months. I don't remember the dosage but I think it was on the high side cause I'm 5'10 and weight 170lb. Both times it seemed to work for a year and then it would come back. Last year I went to Kaiser and the doctor just gave me retin-a but I don't see much of an improvement with it. I'm still breaking out and I feel like I'm too old for this, since I am now 26. I've been battling acne since middle school and tried every thing under the sun, from home remedies, to OTC products to proactive/skin id. I just feel like I'm going crazy and can't seem to find something to keep it under control. I have modified my diet countless times but fail to see a difference.

Anyone been through a similar situation that can offer some advice? Could a 3rd round of accutane be the answer?

Wow, we sound similar except i'm female. I finished a 3rd course of tane in 2013 and lo and behold, i never stopped breaking out (unlike my 1st two courses where i cleared up for 2 years after each course). I doubt a 3rd time is a charm with tane, more likely you're just buying time. I wish i could offer you more but we're in the same boat. Diet changes have done diddly squat for me. I had some success with the acne.org regimen though until it gave me eczema so that may be an option for you.

MemberMember
(@empireuk)

Posted : 05/15/2014 2:40 pm

Wow, we sound similar except i'm female. I finished a 3rd course of tane in 2013 and lo and behold, i never stopped breaking out (unlike my 1st two courses where i cleared up for 2 years after each course). I doubt a 3rd time is a charm with tane, more likely you're just buying time. I wish i could offer you more but we're in the same boat. Diet changes have done diddly squat for me. I had some success with the acne.org regimen though until it gave me eczema so that may be an option for you.

Thank you for the reply. I will try to follow my regimen and hopefully see the light at the end of the tunnel sometime soon. I will try to hold off on accutane for now because I don't want cause any internal damage.