Notifications
Clear all

Travelling : Backpacking Essentials?

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/10/2014 10:38 am

I'm going to backpack throughout Asia for two months, mostly doing it overland (bus, train), so it's going to be hard to wash my face at the correct time (or even not being able to wash it at all) seeing as washrooms won't always be at my reach when I'm on the go, like on board of a bus. I was thinking of bringing with me those facial wipes/makeup remover towelettes. I know some people are against those, but I'll only use it exceptionally. Does anyone recommend any brand in particular (that doesn't irritate skin, etc.)?

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/10/2014 10:59 am

Just use a baby wipe brand, for sensitive skin. Products for babies are pure and more secure for any type of skin. Baby wipes are excellent choice. I use them daily to take off the make up and then i wash my face. You can have a mild face lotion with you and dab it on your face with the wipe for extra feeling of cleaness. Plus the baby wipes packaging contains about 70 wipes, while the make up removing towelletes around 30 or less!!

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/10/2014 11:17 am

Just use a baby wipe brand, for sensitive skin. Products for babies are pure and more secure for any type of skin. Baby wipes are excellent choice. I use them daily to take off the make up and then i wash my face. You can have a mild face lotion with you and dab it on your face with the wipe for extra feeling of cleaness. Plus the baby wipes packaging contains about 70 wipes, while the make up removing towelletes around 30 or less!!

ahhh that sounds great!!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 05/10/2014 1:06 pm

yeah i second the baby wipes. They are so simple- good luck! and be safe! :D

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/13/2014 7:22 am

I can't believe you think baby products are pure. Shows how good they are at suckering in the rubes. Even with all the publicity about Johns and Johnson removing15 carcinogens that have always been in no more tears just last year. And top baby formulas have corn syrup as the first ingredient.

OP, I don't know what you mean by the ability to wash at the right time. Are you on a schedule? Just wash daily.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/14/2014 5:11 am

I can't believe you think baby products are pure. Shows how good they are at suckering in the rubes. Even with all the publicity about Johns and Johnson removing15 carcinogens that have always been in no more tears just last year. And top baby formulas have corn syrup as the first ingredient.

OP, I don't know what you mean by the ability to wash at the right time. Are you on a schedule? Just wash daily.

Dear alternavista, you are overcoming a major factor that should be taken in mind among the users: the locality. In my country there are several brands that are all natural and provide a variety of baby products that are totally safe. There are more brands than the world spread and each user can turn to a local one when in need. We make suggestions here and all of us are aware of the worldwide brands as well as of the locals of our country which might be unfamiliar to others.

MemberMember
(@nkay0903)

Posted : 05/21/2014 7:59 am

alternativista, you have sure managed to come across very rude.

As mentioned previously, there a lot of different brands of baby wipes. That is what i use and my skin loves it where as when i use a make up wipe i usually react. A lot of chemicals that are banned in most counties are actually still not banned in the US.

Furthermore, your comment about her schedule....she is back packing. For some who has done it and plans to do europe for 3 weeks this summer again, we are on a schedule and we are sleeping in dirty hostels with 20 other ppl in it. We can always find the time to take care of the little things when were too busy exploring the world.

Stella the diver...good luck on your adventure. I discovered Murad on my travels last yr and my face went from extreme acne to none at all. I have also recently suggested it to my roommate and since she started using it her face cleared up a lot. its very gentle considering its not all natural lol (i think, i have SUPER sensitive skin) You can get a sample from Sephora to try it...i swear by this stuff, it changed my life and now when i travel im more confident and happy :)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/25/2014 8:07 am

I have travelled and stayed in hostels too. I was referring to the face washing schedule. Your face won't self destruct if you don't wash it on time.

I've travelled overnight by train, slept on platforms and stayed in hostels where you had to brush the pigeon feathers off the bed. Also spent hot summers living on an unair conditioned bus without a bathroom traveling overnight and sleeping on gym floors at schools where they neglected the maintenance over the summer. Once a breakdown made us stay for three days at a church that didn't have showers. And this was at the height of my acne and when I still believed washing often was the solution to acne. None of that interfered with my ability to wash my face. It's just not that hard.

And I did not say there weren't baby products that were better than others. I responded to the blanket statement that baby products were pure.

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 05/27/2014 3:13 pm

Hey,

Use wipes for sensitive skin and thermal spring water. (La Roche Posay)