Dry, Flaky Looking ...

Notifications
Clear all

Dry, Flaky Looking Skin After Cleansing

MemberMember
(@k-fitz55)

Posted : 05/09/2014 2:46 pm

I have been on the regimen for about a month now and I still can't get past more than a full pump of benzoyl peroxide without my face being really dry and irritated. Is this happening to other people? I feel like my skin should be adjusting by now but I am still really dry. Also I have noticed that every time I wash my face my skin is left with a lot of wet "dry" skin spots. Almost like I didn't wash off the cleanser all the way. It does this even when I just use water to rinse my face. I am just wondering if this happens to other people and what should I do?

I really want to get to the full 2 pumps of bp like Dan says but I just can't handle more than a pump at a time.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/09/2014 5:45 pm

Are you using enough moisturizer?

Which cleanser are you using ? because your skin should fell good after you wash.

MemberMember
(@k-fitz55)

Posted : 05/10/2014 5:05 pm

I'm using the acne.org cleanser. And I use A LOT of moisturizer every day

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 05/11/2014 8:48 pm

I've moved this thread to the Regimen Forum.

4 weeks is still early days for your skin to adjust to the BP, however if your skin is not red, itchy, burning etc and all you're experiencing is dryness, then I suggest that you start to increase the BP anyway. I found when following the regimen is that I had to just 'push through' the first 11 weeks, put up with the dryness, peeling and general awfulness of my skin. After the 11-12 week mark is when I really found my skin had fully adjusted to the BP and it stopped being so red and dry. Introducing AHA+ in the 5th week also really helped with dryness (although it increased the redness of my skin for a few weeks).

Good luck, the first few months are tough but if you can push through it your skin should be nice and clear without dryness at the end of it all. :)

MemberMember
(@k-fitz55)

Posted : 05/11/2014 11:28 pm

Thanks of your help! My skin is a little red and burns on some days but I think I'll just try and tough it out and increase my BP. Hopefully it works!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 05/12/2014 1:00 am

The burning sensation is awful isn't it, and it's something I don't miss for one second. Hang in there! :)

MemberMember
(@educatedandhumble)

Posted : 12/30/2014 12:41 pm

p

MemberMember
(@educatedandhumble)

Posted : 12/30/2014 12:44 pm

O