Notifications
Clear all

Having Breakouts After Having 5Months Of Oratane (Accutane)

MemberMember
(@robinthebest)

Posted : 05/07/2014 3:18 pm

I started taking accutane since december, and now im having breakouts after having 5months of oratane (accutane), and the worst part is, i am having symmetrical acne breakout, is it just could be the so called "initial breakout" since i didnt notice any breakouts at all before, but i think it is not the reason because i took it for 5 months already?

i'm 50 kg male and im taking 20mg daily.

is it just normal or what?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/08/2014 11:28 am

Well, I weigh only about 4 kg more than you and I am taking 60 mg a day, but I am also in the fifth month and still breaking out a bit. At the moment I have one large cyst on my cheek that has played peek-a-boo with me throughout my course and before, and a few small comedones here and there, but I can say that my skin has improved noticeably in both tone and clarity over my course.

I do think it is normal (or at least, I hope it is normal) to be breaking out this far into your course, depending on the severity of the breakouts, but if you're not noticing over-all improvement you should discuss it with your dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@robinthebest)

Posted : 05/08/2014 3:51 pm

Well, I weigh only about 4 kg more than you and I am taking 60 mg a day, but I am also in the fifth month and still breaking out a bit. At the moment I have one large cyst on my cheek that has played peek-a-boo with me throughout my course and before, and a few small comedones here and there, but I can say that my skin has improved noticeably in both tone and clarity over my course.

I do think it is normal (or at least, I hope it is normal) to be breaking out this far into your course, depending on the severity of the breakouts, but if you're not noticing over-all improvement you should discuss it with your dermatologist.

i do notice a significant improvement overall, its like i would rate my skin at 20 marks before and i would rate it 85 now, the only thing i am worrying about is the acne could come back again, because of this month's breakout, it is actually not very bad, but just 5-6 pimples popped out on my face suddenly makes me worrying and look bad

MemberMember
(@lina2014)

Posted : 10/05/2014 4:56 pm

Hi! What happened? Did it get better? I'm in the exact same position, exact same dose and weight! I'm really scared...