Notifications
Clear all

Clarisonic

MemberMember
(@aluxeruzzo)

Posted : 05/07/2014 2:27 pm

I got a clarisonic a while ago but it was around the time i was put on tretinoin cream so I couldn't use it because it was too much exfoliation with the retinoids and it made me really flakey. my derm took my off tretinoin cause it wasn't working all that well and put me on clindamycin gel along with minocyclin oral medication. do you think it is okay to use the clarisonic a few times a week now? btw i still have active acne and some cystic acne

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/07/2014 3:06 pm

My daughter's dermatologist told her not to use her clarisonic if she had any blemishes at all because it will further irritate her skin and can just spread the bacteria around which you don't really want. Mind you she has sensitive skin so if you don't perhaps it would be ok for you. However the general rule seems to be to be as gentle with your skin as possible. Personally I am not a fan of the clarisonic if you have acne, but that is just my opinion.

MemberMember
(@talon)

Posted : 05/07/2014 7:16 pm

I will not be without my clarisonic. It just helps make my pores very clean - I don't think it should be classified as too much of an exfoliator.