Notifications
Clear all

Need Advise On Two Scars

MemberMember
(@indish20)

Posted : 05/07/2014 12:40 am

Hi friends, Need seeious advise on two scar bigger one near the neck develpd and smaller one upper chest photo attached.. Need advise as i will be getting married this year

Bigger and upper one is of more concern...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=wck8e9&s=8#.U2pALfmSx3E

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 05/07/2014 7:45 am

Are they indented?

or is it hyperoigmentation?

please specify

where is the photo?

MemberMember
(@indish20)

Posted : 05/07/2014 9:18 am

Are they indented?

or is it hyperoigmentation?

please specify

where is the photo?

Seems like indented

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 05/07/2014 9:36 am

How long you had them? Scars arent fully healed until a year after they appear, collegen production can be a slow process.

But here are some options:

you can try needling? this helps with the collagen production. i do this on my scars and 4 of them have gone away completely, i working on my last one now. It has scabbed up and im just waiting for it to fall off.

Lasers- these can be expensive and there are a lot out there depending on depth of scar and skin type etc, so check them out.

TCA cross-ive heard mixed results about this, but some say it is good.

Retinoids-help with collegen production, over time though.

Some treatments may make the scars look worse before they get better and will require several procedres.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 05/07/2014 1:31 pm

How long you had them? Scars arent fully healed until a year after they appear, collegen production can be a slow process.

But here are some options:

you can try needling? this helps with the collagen production. i do this on my scars and 4 of them have gone away completely, i working on my last one now. It has scabbed up and im just waiting for it to fall off.

Lasers- these can be expensive and there are a lot out there depending on depth of scar and skin type etc, so check them out.

TCA cross-ive heard mixed results about this, but some say it is good.

Retinoids-help with collegen production, over time though.

Some treatments may make the scars look worse before they get better and will require several procedres.

any chance you could put up some picks of your scars? so we have a good ideo of what ur dealing with

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 05/07/2014 1:50 pm

Me?

they are just box scars...they are gone now, the skin where one used to be has puckered a bit (is that what people say in england? is that a word?)

the one is still a scab, very flakey atm...

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 05/07/2014 4:11 pm

Me?

they are just box scars...they are gone now, the skin where one used to be has puckered a bit (is that what people say in england? is that a word?)

the one is still a scab, very flakey atm...

bosani i would appreicate it alot if you could and show us and i am sure other people would as well at least tell me your technique for getting rid of them i know u used accupuncture needles but how deep did you go? was there blood etc did you just jab them in randomly or did you have a technique

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 05/07/2014 4:19 pm

I did not have a technique, i didnt go in at an angle.

I just poked until i saw a small dab of blood, i did it until i had a few (about 5) and then just held a tissue to it for a bit, then went to sleep.

Some peolple say put vaseline on and dont let it scab, but i just left it. It gets dry and scabby, sometimes i have an indented scab but the result is the same.

I once had one that was still indented a tiny amount, nothing too obvious, but i needled again a week or so later and it smoothed out.

Dont ever use sewing needles.

Most people use insulin needles. Get it done by a professional if youre not sure.

My skin has a good healing ability and i dont scar from everything, just the stubborn cysts.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 05/07/2014 4:33 pm

I did not have a technique, i didnt go in at an angle.

I just poked until i saw a small dab of blood, i did it until i had a few (about 5) and then just held a tissue to it for a bit, then went to sleep.

Some peolple say put vaseline on and dont let it scab, but i just left it. It gets dry and scabby, sometimes i have an indented scab but the result is the same.

I once had one that was still indented a tiny amount, nothing too obvious, but i needled again a week or so later and it smoothed out.

Dont ever use sewing needles.

Most people use insulin needles. Get it done by a professional if youre not sure.

My skin has a good healing ability and i dont scar from everything, just the stubborn cysts.

well congrats to you on getting rid of them i would still like to see some pictures so please post some it would help me personally

MemberMember
(@bioneedle)

Posted : 05/07/2014 5:30 pm

Honestly, the picture you posted is horrible. It looks like it was taken with a webcam from 2007. It's hard to see any depth because of the photo quality. You really should try to retake it with a better camera.

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 06/04/2014 2:15 am

Kindly take a clearer picture of your scarring. I personally don't recommend surgical treatments. We can easily find good topical treatments out there that works really well on scars of all types. I myself am quite experienced to it. In addition to that, some home remedies also seem to work. Since, you have your wedding soon, you shouldn't take risks and should go for hypoallergenic treatments that if don't work, don't harm you either.