Notifications
Clear all

Scars Can Be Improved?what Do You Guys Think Of This Study?

MemberMember
(@jayjay786)

Posted : 05/06/2014 8:10 pm

Hi Guys,

What do you guys think of these studies? Seem like whatever method has been used in this study seem to be working?

JCutanAesthetSurg7118-759054_210505.pdf

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 05/07/2014 12:11 am

Great results. Even though the lighting isn't the same in the before and after pictures, the improvements are clear. Unfortunately few doctors perform subcision, and from the ones who do it, not all of them seem to be skilled enough. I think subcicion was key to improve deep scars (grade 3 and 4 in the study), even if it was done only once.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/07/2014 6:03 pm

jay jay thanks for posting this. my mouth dropped when i checked it out. the fact that all that improvement was achieved without laserss is amazing. i wanna know where this took place. i would travel there in a heart beat! subcision + needling+ tca peel seems to be key. anyone with atrophic scarring must check that article out!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/07/2014 6:08 pm

Looks like it was done in India...

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/07/2014 6:12 pm

so what you guys think? we should forward this article to derms in out city so they can perform it as well? 2 week intervals for 6 sessions is 12 weeks in india. 3 months is a awful long time.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/07/2014 6:40 pm

funny because I did dermaroller/stamp 1.5-2.0 session just this passed Saturday along with a tca 15% peel right after

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/07/2014 6:48 pm

funny because I did dermaroller/stamp 1.5-2.0 session just this passed Saturday along with a tca 15% peel right after

on what kind of scarring did you do it on?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/07/2014 7:42 pm

on what kind of scarring did you do it on?

I did it on rolling type scars, a few like yours but otherwise rolling

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/07/2014 8:46 pm

on what kind of scarring did you do it on

ic. be careful doing these treatments on your own. its very easy to screw up ur face by doing things blindly. other then that good luck

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/07/2014 8:53 pm

ic. be careful doing these treatments on your own. its very easy to screw up ur face by doing things blindly. other then that good luck

when you have no money you take risks. risks is what makes a person successful. thanks.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/07/2014 10:03 pm

Dr. Travis in virginia follows a similar procedure for acne scarring. http://www.travisshawmd.com/procedures-cosmetic-scar-removal.php

MemberMember
(@nearlydefeated)

Posted : 05/08/2014 12:46 pm

Anyone notice that the female with both boxscar and icepick scars ended up with no scars? Seems too good to be true, (but secretly excited).

Thinking on it, of all the treatments I have researched over many years - subcision and needling are the two that seem to yield the best results. A light TCA thrown in to even out the tone - actually sounds like a good combined treatment plan.

MemberMember
(@jayjay786)

Posted : 05/09/2014 12:58 am

I tried to search who performed the procedure but to no avail - although I found one of the ladies who wrote the articles twitter feed and will be messaging her. I mean the results are staggering on each one, so it must be to do with the derm rather than the procedure

when you have no money you take risks. risks is what makes a person successful. thanks.

How did it turn out for you?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/09/2014 6:21 am

The best results have always been from multiple modalities. Rarely does anyone have significant improvement from just ONE approach. These are indeed awesome results using pretty inexpensive and basic methods.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/09/2014 6:27 am

Hi Guys,

What do you guys think of these studies? Seem like whatever method has been used in this study seem to be working?

I can't open this.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/09/2014 6:46 am

These are the pictures from the study. The results look amazing. However, the lighting is not always consistent in all the photos.

Still, the lighting in most of them is close enough, and there clearly are very good long term, durable results (ie not swelling).

post-184628-0-17588300-1399635860.png

post-184628-0-18188100-1399635887.png

post-184628-0-06346300-1399635907.png

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/09/2014 7:47 am

JayJay

I would assume that the two Indian doctors who wrote this were the doctors performing the procedures, but I could be wrong. If you look at the bottom in the footnotes, it says the doctors are :

Shilpa Garg, Sukriti Baveja
Department of Dermatology, Base Hospital, Delhi Cantonment, Delhi, India
Address for correspondence:
Dr. Shilpa Garg, 22/11 Geeta Mandir Marg, New Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi - 110 060, India. E-mail: [email protected]

I tried to search who performed the procedure but to no avail - although I found one of the ladies who wrote the articles twitter feed and will be messaging her. I mean the results are staggering on each one, so it must be to do with the derm rather than the procedure

How did it turn out for you?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/09/2014 10:17 am

Also, another important detail in this study is that they applied retin-a during the dermarolling and after. They hypothesize that retin-a encourages development of good, normal collagen, as opposed to the scarring type of collagen.

MemberMember
(@jayjay786)

Posted : 05/09/2014 5:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I can't open this.

http://www.jcasonline.com/article.asp?issn=0974-2077;year=2014;volume=7;issue=1;spage=18;epage=23;aulast=Garg;type=3

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/09/2014 6:43 pm

what do guys think would be our best bet on receiving this treatment? flying out to india and stay for 2-3 months? here i was thinking i was luky because here in canada we have methods that are not available everywhere in the states like enerjet, intracel extc.s..looks like india has the upper hand right now for acne scarring.

i definitley think we should send this study to our derms to raise awareness on this new method. it hurts me to see those pictures knowing i cant have this method done.if every country had this method available everyone can put a end to there acne scarring night mares. this blows away the cora therapy method in south korea which also had really impressive before and afters.\

any opinions?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/09/2014 7:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I can't open this.

http://www.jcasonline.com/article.asp?issn=0974-2077;year=2014;volume=7;issue=1;spage=18;epage=23;aulast=Garg;type=3

Thanks for the link. That sounds like a very interesting treatment. Did they say subsequent treatments would improve the results.

what do guys think would be our best bet on receiving this treatment? flying out to india and stay for 2-3 months? here i was thinking i was luky because here in canada we have methods that are not available everywhere in the states like enerjet, intracel extc.s..looks like india has the upper hand right now for acne scarring.

i definitley think we should send this study to our derms to raise awareness on this new method. it hurts me to see those pictures knowing i cant have this method done.if every country had this method available everyone can put a end to there acne scarring night mares. this blows away the cora therapy method in south korea which also had really impressive before and afters.\

any opinions?

It seems if you find a doctor that does the subcision that it would not be hard to sell him on the whole treatment. Some very impressive pictures posted on this thread.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 05/09/2014 7:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I can't open this.

Thanks for the link. That sounds like a very interesting treatment. Did they say subsequent treatments would improve the results.

>what do guys think would be our best bet on receiving this treatment? flying out to india and stay for 2-3 months? here i was thinking i was luky because here in canada we have methods that are not available everywhere in the states like enerjet, intracel extc.s..looks like india has the upper hand right now for acne scarring.

any opinions?

It seems if you find a doctor that does the subcision that it would not be hard to sell him on the whole treatment. Some very impressive pictures posted on this thread.

i agreee. my new venture is to do just that!

MemberMember
(@jayjay786)

Posted : 05/09/2014 8:09 pm

Hi Guys, What do you guys think of these studies? Seem like whatever method has been used in this study seem to be working?

I can't open this.

>what do guys think would be our best bet on receiving this treatment? flying out to india and stay for 2-3 months? here i was thinking i was luky because here in canada we have methods that are not available everywhere in the states like enerjet, intracel extc.s..looks like india has the upper hand right now for acne scarring. i definitley think we should send this study to our derms to raise awareness on this new method. it hurts me to see those pictures knowing i cant have this method done.if every country had this method available everyone can put a end to there acne scarring night mares. this blows away the cora therapy method in south korea which also had really impressive before and afters.\ any opinions?

i agreee. my new venture is to do just that!

For something like subscision would it not be more to do with the derm than the actual technique, hence the reason why we hear of a lot of horror stories on this thread

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/09/2014 10:19 pm

I think of all the horror stories we read on this forum, subcision is by far one of the safer techniques. I've read the occasional complication, but have not seen outright disasters. In skilled hands, subcision is pretty safe in my opinion.

Nothing in the study is magical or top secret. All of these techniques have been used before and by many doctors right here in the US. I think if you find a good caring doctor, I don't see why they could not perform these same techniques. They're all very basic techniques that have been used forever to treat acne scarring. The difference is in the sequence of how they do it.

And yes, all of these procedures are technique sensitive and has more to do with the skill of the doctor.

MemberMember
(@jayjay786)

Posted : 05/10/2014 12:12 am

I think of all the horror stories we read on this forum, subcision is by far one of the safer techniques. I've read the occasional complication, but have not seen outright disasters. In skilled hands, subcision is pretty safe in my opinion. Nothing in the study is magical or top secret. All of these techniques have been used before and by many doctors right here in the US. I think if you find a good caring doctor, I don't see why they could not perform these same techniques. They're all very basic techniques that have been used forever to treat acne scarring. The difference is in the sequence of how they do it. And yes, all of these procedures are technique sensitive and has more to do with the skill of the doctor.

Does subscision work on deep boxcar scars?