How Do I Use Aha In...

Notifications
Clear all

How Do I Use Aha In The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/06/2014 6:46 pm

Im looking to incorporate AHA into the regimen. Ive bought a 10% AHA from Paulas Choice. I didnt know what to expect as Ive never used an AHA before and its liquid not a cream/gel etc.

Im hoping it will help fade some of the redness left behind from acne. So Im just wondering how I should use it?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 05/06/2014 7:22 pm

A good way to introduce AHA into The Regimen is to use it a few nights per week after the bp instead of the usual moisturizer. Our AHA is in a moisturizing base, but I really don't know about Paula's choice AHA.

MemberMember
(@organizedchaos)

Posted : 05/09/2014 10:14 pm

About 4 times a week I mix in AHA with my usual moisturizer. I use about half and half and it does sting a little bit but that is to be expected. I haven't noticed any of my red/brown marks fading yet but I've only been using it for about 3 months.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/10/2014 9:01 am

Oh okay I see, thanks for your replies.

Have you noticed the AHA making your skin tone more even at all?

MemberMember
(@organizedchaos)

Posted : 05/10/2014 10:53 pm

In the places where I don't have a lot of marks and my skin is more "normal" it works really well at minimizing pores and getting rid of light marks. The AHA does help but I think it'll take longer for me to notice it working in the places where I have a lot of marks just because there's so many. Give it a shot though because for some people it works well really fast, it just depends on your skin. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/11/2014 12:17 pm

Ah okay Im hoping it will minimize some of the pores around my nose also. The majority of my marks are concentrated on my chin and top lip and because im very fair they always look so much worse than they actually are. In fact, my active acne is quite minimal at the moment the red marks left behind make my skin look far worse than it actually is which is annoying.

Did introducing it make you break out at all?

MemberMember
(@organizedchaos)

Posted : 05/11/2014 2:11 pm

It didn't make me break out but it did leave my skin sensitive because at the time I had a lot of active acne and the AHA would sting my face a lot. After two weeks or so I got used to it and could use it more often.