Notifications
Clear all

Help! Big Red Scar On Cheek Before New Job

MemberMember
(@stateescapes)

Posted : 05/06/2014 6:04 pm

Dear Acne.org users,

I am 20 yo and this is my first post on Acne.org and so far this site has been very useful to me when searching for new products to try. I just recently started the regimen using Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing soap, Neotragema on-the-spot BP 2.5% treatment, and a moisturizer from Arbonne skincare line. I started to see results after about 2 weeks and had high hopes but then new pimples still start to form and I use either the BP or Salicylic Acid (2%) on the spot treatment. I have oily skin and have had moderate acne since the 7th grade.

I'm going into my second year in college and I really want to get this under control because though it might not be terrible compared to many, I have OCD and having semi-clear skin for awhile with sudden intense uncontrollable breakouts all the time is really detroying me mentally and has lead to all kinds of social anxiety for me. I can't ignore my imperfections or accept them as me because I know I can beat this thing.

Sorry for long post but I just recently got offered a great sales opportunity selling high end cars and I need the confidence and charisma that I know is buried below my oily, acne skin. I tried to pop this one big cystic spot without musch experience with how my skin has changed since starting the regimen and I now have an indented red spot on the side of my cheek that refused to make healing progress. Does BP cause skin to become more prone to scarring because I normally would have had a spot like this disappear or scab over by now.

For the spot I have tried jojoba oil, cetaphil moisturizer, BP 2.5%, aquaphor, topicort, adapalene gel .03%, Queen helene's mint julep masque, Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, in addition to keeping it constantly moist with little results.

I will attach two pictures, the 1st was taken about a week before the other and the 2nd has a bit of makeup covering it.

I appreciate any help and would like to thank all of you guys in advance for any advice that you can offer!!

post-394327-0-45479400-1399417184.jpg

post-394327-0-83661300-1399417339.jpg

post-394327-0-45479400-1399417184.jpg

post-394327-0-83661300-1399417339.jpg

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/07/2014 9:03 am

i would leave the area alone for now and let it heal. dont put anything on it except for aquaphor or some type of neosporin. if you have to cover it for work get some dermablend concealer it should do a decent job covering it. dont pick or touch it at all though just leave it alone as much as you can. it will take time to heal but in a few weeks it should look a lot better than it does now.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 05/07/2014 5:04 pm

wow thats a nasty one ! i had something similar like that above my lip, but 2 years battle it, its looking good.

but yeah, do what the other guy said, let that thing HEAL on its own. it looks like its been picked at ALOT, which is not a good thing.after month, you should post a pic of how it looks, and it would be better for us to give recommendations on how to go about healing it. for all we know, it could even fill a bit on its own. but keep us updated !

MemberMember
(@stateescapes)

Posted : 05/12/2014 4:34 pm

Gee I hope I am not battling with this for years. Its funny how easy it is to get it this red and this bad but so difficult to get it too a point where it is not repulsive to look at. I have been trying to cover it slightly with some makeup but I am a guy and it is not my area of expertise. It just gets very yellow on the inside and looks more gross than red

I have been alternating between neosporin, aquaphor, and topicort (which I had a lot of success on spots like these in the past after going to a derm and getting a small sample tube) It is still indented a bit on my skin and making sure it doesn't scar (not likely) is my biggest concern.

My first week on the job went very well if I exclude the looks I got from customers and my confidence shaken like a baby in the projects of CA during an earthquake. I jumped into my dream job selling cars at 70K++ with very little experience in car sales. I was really about to call and tell them I couldn't work for the company, it was that bad. Just wanted to stay in my room placing bets on whether my acne or social life would win the race to heal faster. I'm glad I went though because I saw that there are many people who were able to look past the disgusting spot on my face and I will be forever grateful for that. The other side of my face is almost flawless as I have been using the regimen so I was often positioning myself awkwardly and possible obviously around people while talking with them.

Any Makeup tips and concealing are greatly appreciated. Something that wont irritate skin and will allow further healing. Does BP 2.5 make your skin slower to heal because I have been following the regimen for 2-3 weeks before this spot and it seems that it is taking forever to heal. Call me crazy or a lier but I have had spots like this from picking a pimple and with the combination of Topicort, adapalene gel .03%, Arbonne salicylic acid acne face wash 2% (which I used twice a day for years), and a TON of moistuizer, I was able to have spot healed completely to a smooth (no scar) slightly pink spot in less that 2 weeks but It has already been that long with not much progress.

Sorry for long post and I appreciate any positive advice you guys can offer me.

Thank You tracy521 and skullkid87 for your previous input.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/12/2014 9:29 pm

Definitely do not touch it. I know it can be hard when one has a compulsion to pick, but you must resist the urge. I would go a little lighter on the topicort since it is a pretty potent topical steroid, and can affect healing. Topical steroids when used excessively can also cause skin atrophy, especially if it's rubbed into an open wound.

I'm glad you went through with the job, because being unemployed and having problem skin is even worse.