Notifications
Clear all

Dry Skin Help

MemberMember
(@gemmac)

Posted : 05/05/2014 8:31 am

Hi

Looking for some advise on dry skin.

I have been using on The Regimen for about 7 months now and although I have had positive results on it my skin has got extremely dry over the past month.

My face has been really itchy and flaky and it's getting so bad that you can see the flakes falling off my face and sometimes getting into my hair and when I use make up it looks 100 times worse.

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with dry skin?

I use Dans cleanser, moisturiser, BP and Aha and a store bought jojoba oil.

I also noticed that after I started using Aha my acne would take longer to heal, if I get a spot now it can be there for up to 2 weeks, has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@tophat44)

Posted : 05/06/2014 1:45 pm

I'm having the exact problem, I used to use Cetaphil moisturizer with absolutely no problem, after learning about the pore clogging ingredients and acne irritating chemicals I switched over to Dan's moisturizer...big mistake, worst flakes and dry skin of my entire life. I really need a good, thick moisturizer that gets rid of flakes.

I could use some help as well...

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 05/07/2014 9:43 am

More tips for managing dry flaky skin. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#dry

If those do not help, you can certainly try a different moisturizer from our list of recommended products. Despite the questionable ingredients in Cetaphil, sometimes the proof is in the pudding. It tends to work well for dry sensitive skin and many people do quite well with it, which is why it remains on our list of recommended products.

MemberMember
(@gemmac)

Posted : 05/10/2014 2:52 pm

I'm having the exact problem, I used to use Cetaphil moisturizer with absolutely no problem, after learning about the pore clogging ingredients and acne irritating chemicals I switched over to Dan's moisturizer...big mistake, worst flakes and dry skin of my entire life. I really need a good, thick moisturizer that gets rid of flakes.

Do you use aha?

I stopped using this a week ago and have noticed a huge difference!

Not only has my dry skin got better much better but I have noticed my skin clearing up a lot more.

MemberMember
(@tahneek1)

Posted : 05/11/2014 10:52 am

I, too, frequently have issues with dry skin from the BP. What I've found works best for me is to apply moisturizer (I use Neutrogena-Combination) after washing, but before applying the BP. At night, I wash, then apply the moisturizer, then BP; in the morning, I apply moisturizer, BP, and then more moisturizer to particularly dry areas...mostly to help prevent flakes before applying makeup. I've also found that this helps clear my skin - maybe the dry skin was too irritating for me, causing breakouts. It sounds like a lot after typing it out, but it's really not.

MemberMember
(@tophat44)

Posted : 05/11/2014 1:10 pm

More tips for managing dry flaky skin. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#dry

If those do not help, you can certainly try a different moisturizer from our list of recommended products. Despite the questionable ingredients in Cetaphil, sometimes the proof is in the pudding. It tends to work well for dry sensitive skin and many people do quite well with it, which is why it remains on our list of recommended products.

Cataphil does break me out when I use it, I get whiteheads on the night after I apply it and I usually never get those, I suspect the ingredients are to blame. As for dry skin I started using an INSANE ( 3 1/2 pumps) amount of Dans Moisturizer. Its worked, not very cost effective but hey, beauty comes at a price.

Do you use aha?

I stopped using this a week ago and have noticed a huge difference!

Not only has my dry skin got better much better but I have noticed my skin clearing up a lot more.

I do use AHA (alpha hydrox, 10%) It clears up my red spots, but I found it amplifies the flakes already on my face. I think i'm going to put it up for a bit and bring it back into my regimen once i'm past the 4 month mark. (currently month 2, 80% clear woot!)