Notifications
Clear all

Stress Makes Me Breakout And I Have No Idea What To Do!

MemberMember
(@miniatureflowerchild)

Posted : 05/04/2014 10:32 pm

My face will look great for a week and will improve so so SO much, then the next week OH MY GOD my whole face will breakout, so red, painful, very embarrassing and makes me depressed then and there's a lot of drama in my house, so I'm also very stressed ( also because of my anxiety disorder ) so then I panic and will breakout a ton and I feel stuck and like I'm absolutely screwed because I can't really help that I get stressed due to family problems since I have no choice but to be around that. I am usually a very calm, peaceful person.

What am I supposed to do?! Am I just going to breakout forever now since stress causes acne?!?

Daze123 liked
MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/05/2014 5:18 pm

I know exactly how you feel! Ive been dealing with an illness which has been extremely stressful since last July and in that time my skin has gone from completely clear to a full face of acne.

Sigh, like I dont feel bad enough as it is.

MemberMember
(@excelfirst)

Posted : 05/06/2014 11:10 pm

Exercise, meditate, do sports, do what you love to do - basically do anything to keep your mind off stress. Get plenty of sleep (if you can) and just try to avoid any stressful situations. Good luck

MemberMember
(@mayaa)

Posted : 05/07/2014 7:46 am

Drink camomile tea it's the best for stress and other symptoms also what I do is I get a bowl of hot water add two tea bags and just let it steam on my face to clear my skin :)

MemberMember
(@loulou33)

Posted : 05/08/2014 12:15 pm

I have the same problem, with my GCSE's coming up I have been stressed and my skin has got worse. I found that exercise 3-4 times a week and eating a balanced diet with a few treats now and again help to decrease my stress.

Another important thing is to surround yourself with positive people, you will find it improves your mood.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/08/2014 3:55 pm

You can't always control your family or environment but you can work on your reaction to both. I strongly agree with exercise. Sign up for a gym or go running. Also find a space that is yours where you can chill, listen to calming music, etc. Managing stress is something i also struggle with so know that it will take time.

MemberMember
(@daze123)

Posted : 05/26/2014 1:42 pm

I know exactly what you mean....it's a viscous cycle. Take a look at my post!