Notifications
Clear all

Why Is That Alcohol Makes Me Break Out?

MemberMember
(@gon)

Posted : 05/04/2014 6:03 pm

I've been dying trying to solve this mistery. In fact alcohol is the only thing that makes me break out, and any kind of alcohol. I break out in cyst 2 weeks after drinking. This problem started 4 years ago, so I've been 4 years without drinking! it really sucks. I drink maybe once or twice a years, but then I have to use Minocicline or prednisone

This started after a LCA surgery where I got a cadaver graft in my knee, but it must be a coincidence!? I don't really see the connection.

I tried Accutane but I had to stop it because it makes my seb derm 1000 times worse.

What could be the explanation?? If I don't drink I have 100% clear skin. I'm 30 years old.

(Sorry for my english, is not my language)

MemberMember
(@poorboys)

Posted : 05/05/2014 6:06 am

You didn't specify if you are a man or a woman.

I'll assume you are a man.

I'll put it down to two things:

• Alcohol lowers testosterone (in men only)
  • Alcohol dehydrates
MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 05/05/2014 10:02 am

Some alcohol, if not all, I am not sure since I do not drink that much

Contains yeast, and yeast for some can cause acne

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 05/05/2014 10:06 am

alcohol is toxic ill keep it simple as that

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 05/05/2014 9:19 pm

Alcohol causes you to become dehydrated which is terrible for your overall health including your skin.

MemberMember
(@gon)

Posted : 05/06/2014 2:15 am

Thanks guys. Yes, it must be the dehidratation, cause I become VERY dehydrated during hangover. Maybe I could try drinking a lot of water after and before drinking alcohol to see what happens... By the way, I'm male.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 05/06/2014 9:28 am

Thanks guys. Yes, it must be the dehidratation, cause I become VERY dehydrated during hangover. Maybe I could try drinking a lot of water after and before drinking alcohol to see what happens... By the way, I'm male.

it still will be in your system , alcohol damages your liver and it cant function right also it has sugar leading to acne breakouts

MemberMember
(@gon)

Posted : 05/06/2014 2:30 pm

It's not the sugar in my case. I can eat as much sugar as I want and I never break out. That's why I find so mysterious the alcohol issue. And also, this problem started from one day to another. During my whole life, I could drink without problems. Very weird how this problem started..

MemberMember
(@gon)

Posted : 05/06/2014 5:00 pm

Oh and I forgot, the only other thing that makes me break out is the antidepressant Wellbutrin. I had to stop it after one week.

MemberMember
(@acnegone5)

Posted : 05/08/2014 4:59 pm

Funny you say that. With my Alcahol seems to make my face go clear! Maybe the dehydration from alcahol makes you worse? For me I think alcahol makes me less stressed and my skin goes clear, also I drink lots of beer which has plenty of water so probably helps flush my system. If you drink vodka then I recommend try drinking 12 cans of beer instead :) See if that helps :)

MemberMember
(@gon)

Posted : 05/09/2014 8:02 pm

Beer also makes me break.. And caffeine, I had to eliminate it from my diet. So, No coca cola, and no cofee. It's been so many years now that I almost forgot that I dont drink coca cola any more.

I recommend avoiding carbohydrates and drinking lots of water before and after you drink. Simple fix

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 05/09/2014 10:35 pm

Funny you say that. With my Alcahol seems to make my face go clear! Maybe the dehydration from alcahol makes you worse? For me I think alcahol makes me less stressed and my skin goes clear, also I drink lots of beer which has plenty of water so probably helps flush my system. If you drink vodka then I recommend try drinking 12 cans of beer instead See if that helps

beer does not help acne , i have no idea what kind of advice you are giving also its not healthy water if you want to drink water and flush your system then drink water why beer makes no sense