Notifications
Clear all

Capric/caprylic Triglyceride, Coconut Oil ,safflower Oil Cause Acne(Comedo, Pimples..) ?

MemberMember
(@nicky333)

Posted : 05/04/2014 7:57 am

umm,

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 05/04/2014 4:49 pm

The first 2 definitely can. The last can for some people, but I think it is generally considered less comedogenic than the others.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 05/04/2014 5:56 pm

i cook with organic coconut oil and im fine its way better then any other oil

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 05/04/2014 7:51 pm

i cook with organic coconut oil and im fine its way better then any other oil

Cooking with it is fine, but putting it on your face is a whole other story. Coconut oil is comedogenic for many people.

MemberMember
(@nicky333)

Posted : 05/04/2014 8:14 pm

Physiogel lotion product is currently in use. it consist of coconut oil, olive oil ,shea butter , Capric/caprylic Triglyceride, etc....

However, the label that says there are non comedogenic, OMG

Please recommend a good moisturizer( non acnegenic, non comedogenic)

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 05/04/2014 8:29 pm

Moisturizers can be really hit or miss. Some people have luck with plain vaseline or something petroleum jelly based like elta MD intense. Some people like aloe vera gel. I cannot personally use any moisturizer; they all cause me to breakout. It's a good idea to run moisturizer ingredients through something like CosDNA to see if they are comedogenic.

MemberMember
(@nicky333)

Posted : 05/05/2014 7:04 pm

Moisturizers can be really hit or miss. Some people have luck with plain vaseline or something petroleum jelly based like elta MD intense. Some people like aloe vera gel. I cannot personally use any moisturizer; they all cause me to breakout. It's a good idea to run moisturizer ingredients through something like CosDNA to see if they are comedogenic.

thank you .. i didn't know that site. now I'll use the site