Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, I really need a bit of advice.

I've got what i think is called CLOSED COMEDONE ACNE. Lots of people from far away tell me I'm being stupid cos my skin looks fine, but up close it's all small MINGING bump things and I'm soooooooooooo vain about it! Plus my skin is really oily and after my makeup I have to used pressed powder a few times throughout the day. I get proper spots too, there's always at least one pissing me off.

Anyway, i'm 21 and have tried everything. Just now I'm on Yasmin (have been for 3 years) and Erythromycin (for 3 months). Don't see any difference with the Erythro...ALso been taking 10 bit B5s a day (5 morn 5 night) (550mg)

Today doc prescribed me Dianette and Oxytetracycline (she said I could choose what I wanted to change to cos i've tried them all over the years!) I tried Dianette Yeeeeeeeeeears ago but I'm willing to try it again.

Does anyone have any excperience with this combination for this type of skin? I'm sick of having had this for like 7 years rolleyes.gif

Has anyone switched from Yasmin to Dianette?

Switched from Erythro to Oxytetra?

BOTH?!

So many questions, but any help would be sooooooooo appreciated

Lotsa love

wub.gif

Have you tried Retin-A? That's supposed to be really great for closed comedones.

I'm on week 6 of using Retin-A Micro and Ortho-Tri-Cyclen BCP and I have practically ZERO closed comedones. Maybe you should ask your doc about it.

Mandelic acid might help break down the build up inside your pores.Mandelic acid is an AHA but it is more gentle than most other AHAs.I love it; I've been using it for 2 months and my skin is doing so much better. I got a travel kit from Nucelle.com to test it out.Skincarerx.com and acnebook.com carry mandelic acid products also.

Mandelic acid might help break down the build up inside your pores.Mandelic acid is an AHA but it is more gentle than most other AHAs.I love it; I've been using it for 2 months and my skin is doing so much better. I got a travel kit from Nucelle.com to test it out.Skincarerx.com and acnebook.com carry mandelic acid products also.

starspark- I so know how you feel about your skin. People tell me that mine skin is fine but I am such a perfectionist that every little blemish bothers me. As for the medication you are talking about I have not had any experience with them so I can't give advice. I just started taking Yasmin and was wondering if you wanted to change because it has not helped you. I hope that things get better for you.

starspark- I so know how you feel about your skin. People tell me that mine skin is fine but I am such a perfectionist that every little blemish bothers me. As for the medication you are talking about I have not had any experience with them so I can't give advice.  I just started taking Yasmin and was wondering if you wanted to change because it has not helped you. I hope that things get better for you.