Is It Ok Not To Use...

Notifications
Clear all

Is It Ok Not To Use Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@hwang08)

Posted : 05/04/2014 2:55 am

Hello everyone.

I've been using the Regimen for more than 2 weeks and I've faced some difficulties, I hope that somebody can give me an answer, cause right now I'm kind of worried.

For the 1st week, everything was fine though my face got really red,dry and itchy. But my acne show some improvements so I thought it was normal - I just try to put on more moisturizer to calm my face.

About the 2nd week, I noticed a unpleasant feeling after applying moisturizer (BP at that moment was adapted to my skin)- almost instantly after applying it, my face became extremely red,tight and itchy. During my sleep, my jawline area was so itchy and it was like I'm having a fever. Additionally,my skin got really dark and looked tired in 2nd week, my acne got really worse,but I read somewhere people say that 2nd and 5th week it could break out more so I wasn't thinking much about my acne.

But about the skin, it used to be brighter than my neck and now it's 5 times darker. With thick layers and layers of dead skin that the moisturizer doesn't seem to help at all,my face was so red,dry and tight. I couldn't take it anymore so I decided take a day off from the Regimen and scrub my face to remove the dead skin cells. My face turned a little bit brighter but due to the irritation of scrubbing my face, I've got new acne. So yesterday, I've been back with the Regimen, twice a day and gentle as I could, BUT WITHOUT THE MOISTURIZER, my face feels so muchhh better,no dryness, no redness and not itchy at all, so I think that I don't need to moisturize my face anymore. Or maybe acne.org moisturizer is not for my skin, kind of I'm allergic to its ingredients or something. I'm thinking of using more BP cause it adapts to my skin and say goodbye to moisturizer cause I don't feel dry.

So,the questions are : Do I really need to use a moisturizer ? And if yes, which one can I use to replace the acne.org's moisturizer? Have somebody had the same problem or just me?

- Please help

MemberMember
(@mmg95340)

Posted : 05/11/2014 10:04 pm

After the peeling stopped I didn't use it unless I take a shower then I'll quickly apply some.

It does sound like you've got a allergy to something in the lotion. They have a different type of moisturizer I believe it's an oil of some kind.

MemberMember
(@babyxj)

Posted : 05/17/2014 6:00 am

Hi there I'm having the same problem as you and I'm really really worried(I've been using the regimen for 4 weeks) just wanted to ask if it's alright if I replaced they're moisturiser to Nivea?? I've tried it once it seems like it looks good no flaky skin but my face it's a bit swollen does anyone try this?? Is this normal?

Big thanks hope you could help me.....

MemberMember
(@lancerdancer01)

Posted : 05/18/2014 9:46 am

I like Cerave. Really good moisturizer that is endorsed by dermatologists and I haven't had any problems with it. I also add the jojoba oil and that has made a world of difference for me.

MemberMember
(@maggieblue)

Posted : 05/27/2014 8:42 am

My skin was also very sensitive when I started. Very tight, scaly and wrinkled looking, and super sensitive to the moisturiser. Several months in, everything has settled down, my skin is clear, and the moisturiser no longer burns. My advice is to hang in there.