Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dingles

4 Days Into Accutane - Is It Common To See Symptoms This Soon?

Hey guys so I just began Accutane 4 days ago at one 40mg pill per day. I am beginning to notice that feeling of tightness in the skin (Something I'm familiar with as I've used harsh products in the past that really dried out my skin) as well as a lot of spots coming to a head very rapidly. Is it typical to experience symptoms this soon?

I started getting dry skin that early, and the dry chapped lips came a few days later, haha. On my second month now, my dose got doubled after the first month, but my skin hasn't got any drier since the first week, if anything, it's more moisturised now, as i've found the best products for me etc...! :)

I started getting dry skin that early, and the dry chapped lips came a few days later, haha. On my second month now, my dose got doubled after the first month, but my skin hasn't got any drier since the first week, if anything, it's more moisturised now, as i've found the best products for me etc...!

Yeah I expect the lips to start soon... I plan on moisturizing thoroughly tonight after I shave.

I'm only on day 6 but the chapped lips have started already. I am also on 40mg/day. A lot of people on this site recommended aquaphor lip treatment and it is amazing!! My skin is extremely oily and I live in Houston so its really humid. My skin hasn't started to dry out yet, but I'm sure it will happen soon. Curious what type of cleanser are you using?? Trying to get ideas so when my dryness comes I can try out a few different products. Thanks~

Jess

guys look into a product called hydraplenish. it's really cheap and helped me during accutane with chapped lips / dry skin. it helps treat dry skin / dry lips which accutane causes.

I'm only on day 6 but the chapped lips have started already. I am also on 40mg/day. A lot of people on this site recommended aquaphor lip treatment and it is amazing!! My skin is extremely oily and I live in Houston so its really humid. My skin hasn't started to dry out yet, but I'm sure it will happen soon. Curious what type of cleanser are you using?? Trying to get ideas so when my dryness comes I can try out a few different products. Thanks~

Jess

Hey Jess. I've been using Cetaphil as my face wash for a while now. It is what I used when I was on a topical antibiotic. That stopped working though so now I'm doing accutane. It caused zero dryness pre accutane, but now leaves my skin very dry after washing. It is extremely gentle though.

Edited by Dingles