Notifications
Clear all

Lol @ People Who Think "confidence" Gets You A Girlfriend

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 05/03/2014 2:49 am

It's a joke. A confident ugly guy is seen as a tryhard or rapist.

A Brody Jenner, Channing Tatum or Jake Gyllenhaal lookalike who's introverted would be seen as "mysterious"

A guy who looks ugly will always be viewed by girls as a creep. Girls' repulsion towards guys who are victims of balding/pale/rosacea/acne is a natural instinct to keep the gene pool cleaner.

Personally, I blame science for not giving us more control over what we look like. Bone structure/hairline/skin tone.. we should be able to choose everything

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 05/03/2014 3:01 am

Complaining and blaming doesn't get you a girlfriend either. I am also sick of it. That's why I am building a new civilization. In the new civilization people will learn that acne is a skin issue, not contagious cancer.

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 05/03/2014 9:59 am

It's pretty easy to say "I have these physical issues and that is why girls don't like me". It is harder to say "I am not a very interesting or nice person, and that is why girls don't like me". Just a thought.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 05/03/2014 10:25 am

It's not going to get you a "hot" girlfriend. But there are plenty of girls who are "less attractive" who are also looking for boyfriends who also have their own problems because I'm sure they feel like boys don't even look at them.

And I agree with what Alex wrote above^^^, complaining won't get you a girlfriend either.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 05/03/2014 11:12 am

It's pretty easy to say "I have these physical issues and that is why girls don't like me". It is harder to say "I am not a very interesting or nice person, and that is why girls don't like me". Just a thought.

People who know me know that I am interesting and nice. I have actually been tested and trained to be "nice" (i.e. have good social skills).

MemberMember
(@unacceptedrealist)

Posted : 05/03/2014 12:47 pm

Complaining and blaming doesn't get you a girlfriend either. I am also sick of it. That's why I am building a new civilization. In the new civilization people will learn that acne is a skin issue, not contagious cancer.

I doubt your new civilization would be any different. The issue isn't that people think acne is a "contagious cancer"; it's that acne is a skin issue -- in other words, it's an objectively unappealing trait. For this reason, I don't think most people need to "learn" anything; they're already correct: people with acne are, to some extent, aesthetically unappealing.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 05/03/2014 1:32 pm

I blame science

Lol'd.

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 05/03/2014 6:16 pm

Alexander, I didn't mean you. I meant the original poster. Sorry.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 05/03/2014 6:41 pm

I doubt your new civilization would be any different. The issue isn't that people think acne is a "contagious cancer"; it's that acne is a skin issue -- in other words, it's an objectively unappealing trait. For this reason, I don't think most people need to "learn" anything; they're already correct: people with acne are, to some extent, aesthetically unappealing.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups.

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 05/03/2014 7:44 pm

Believe me. I get along with everyone from my office. In network marketing I am pretty much used to being social.

Coincidentally, (around the time when I finished college) a girl told me "You seem pretty confident to do a painting like this. It's stunning"

The girl from class last year who lead me on genuinely found me very funny. If I didnt have oily skin/seb derm with a lower hairline and no moles I probably would've had a shot.

Now at least my work gives me a monetary incentive to socialize. So if Im socializing so much and am confirmed to have a good personality why aren't I getting laid? Answer: busted face.

It's not going to get you a "hot" girlfriend. But there are plenty of girls who are "less attractive" who are also looking for boyfriends who also have their own problems because I'm sure they feel like boys don't even look at them.

And I agree with what Alex wrote above^^^, complaining won't get you a girlfriend either.

ive accepted Im too ugly to get a slim/healthy girlfriend.

Girls are the choosers and want the very best. I dont understand why ugly guys cant accept that plastic surgery is their only way to get a shot with a college aged girl. In retrospect, I find male delusions of attractiveness to be hysterical.

Is it unreasonable to expect I want a girl with the same BMI as me or lower? It probably is because even fat girls demand the best.

One guy once told me my league is fat chicks. So hard to accept :(

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 05/03/2014 9:52 pm

I'm so sorry to hear you are having no luck with the slim, college-aged girls.

Hopefully science will get its head out of its ass and stop trying to cure terminal diseases and all the other useless stuff its doing, so that it can really focus on the male physique and how we can make sure every man gets to fuck a skinny college aged girl. Now that's progress.

Just to be clear - the above is sarcasm.

And I have a lot of sympathy for people who struggle with acne. But this thread is not about struggling with acne, it's about struggling with perceived notions of women and society.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 05/04/2014 1:03 am

the guys who have acne and get laid arent the ones who sit around and complain about their skin all the time

i know plenty of guys with bad skin who still get out. not everyone's as shallow as you think

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 05/04/2014 1:16 am

the guys who have acne and get laid arent the ones who sit around and complain about their skin all the time

i know plenty of guys with bad skin who still get out. not everyone's as shallow as you think

Do they have receding temple hair, fair skin/rosacea and a crappy bone structure/protrusive forehead too?

I'm so sorry to hear you are having no luck with the slim, college-aged girls.

Well, I'm a slim, college-aged guy who has shitty facial aesthetics (Most people agree Im a 3.75/10) and I have no hope of entering a relationship with my female equivalent (a butterface)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/04/2014 1:19 am

If I am a hot guy why would I chase a ugly girl.

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 05/04/2014 1:26 am

If I am a hot guy why would I chase a ugly girl.

Most good looking guys aim lower than themselves. Girls just naturally have higher standards.

I just wish I had some secret knowledge/code to completely alter my facial aesthetics/skin tone/hairline.

I got screwed with a dollop of bad genetics. None of my male friends look as messed up as I do. I guess falling in love/having kids is like pulling the slot machine of procreating life... Some lives aren't worth living. I got the lemons.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 05/04/2014 2:07 am

Do they have receding temple hair, fair skin/rosacea and a crappy bone structure/protrusive forehead too?

>I'm so sorry to hear you are having no luck with the slim, college-aged girls.

Well, I'm a slim, college-aged guy who has shitty facial aesthetics (Most people agree Im a 3.75/10) and I have no hope of entering a relationship with my female equivalent (a butterface)

actually yeah, they do. one of them fits that description pretty closely, and hes been dating a girl for a couple weeks now. the only thing holding you back is yourself.

really? you would actually use the term butterface to describe a girl?

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 05/04/2014 2:29 am

>I'm so sorry to hear you are having no luck with the slim, college-aged

girls.

actually yeah, they do. one of them fits that description pretty closely, and hes been dating a girl for a couple weeks now. the only thing holding you back is yourself.

really? you would actually use the term butterface to describe a girl?

Yeah Id consider myself to be a male butterface thus it's a term of endearment.

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 05/04/2014 7:39 am

Oh great another one of these "I'm too ugly/women are so shallow threads"

Now this is not meant as an insult but you seem to make a lot of assumptions about what women think despite the fact you've made it very clear that you actually been unable to get to know any very well. Your probably a nice guy in real life, but if your attitude towards yourself in real life is anything like it is on here then I think that's probably the source of your problems with women!!

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 05/04/2014 12:58 pm

Yeah Id consider myself to be a male butterface thus it's a term of endearment.

it sounds like an insult no matter how you say it though. no one wants to be called that

stop being such a negative nancy, nobodys that hopeless! im sure you have some qualities that are attractive, even if you dont realize it :)

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 05/04/2014 1:21 pm

Believe me. I get along with everyone from my office. In network marketing I am pretty much used to being social.

Coincidentally, (around the time when I finished college) a girl told me "You seem pretty confident to do a painting like this. It's stunning"

The girl from class last year who lead me on genuinely found me very funny. If I didnt have oily skin/seb derm with a lower hairline and no moles I probably would've had a shot.

Now at least my work gives me a monetary incentive to socialize. So if Im socializing so much and am confirmed to have a good personality why aren't I getting laid? Answer: busted face.

ive accepted Im too ugly to get a slim/healthy girlfriend.

Girls are the choosers and want the very best. I dont understand why ugly guys cant accept that plastic surgery is their only way to get a shot with a college aged girl. In retrospect, I find male delusions of attractiveness to be hysterical.

Is it unreasonable to expect I want a girl with the same BMI as me or lower? It probably is because even fat girls demand the best.

One guy once told me my league is fat chicks. So hard to accept

Judging by this post I'd say you're going going to make some girl really miserable some day.