Jojoba Oil Doesn...

Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil Doesn't Seem To Be Keeping Me Hydrated

MemberMember
(@jlandin1986)

Posted : 05/02/2014 5:22 pm

I started the Regimen on April 16th after receiving the $5 trial size in the mail. The only thing I didn't like about it was the cleanser, so I've stuck with my old cleanser, Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. This is my routine since April 16th, )I have since purchased larger bottles of the moisturizer, jojoba oil, and BP)...

Morning: I cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser and then apply the Acne.org Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil in it to my face and I let it dry.

**Throughout the day I have to reapply Acne.org Moisturizer to battle the flakes I'm experiencing around my lip/nose area.

Night: I cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, apply Jojoba Oil to my face and let it sink in, then apply Acne.org BP and let it sink in, then I apply 1/2 Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion Glycolic Acid and 1/2 Acne.org Moisturizer with a LOT of Jojoba Oil added in and I let it sink into my skin.

**I go to bed with an oily face but wake up with flakes.

I know I have only been doing this since April 16th, and I don't plan on giving up because despite the flakes, I have clear skin already and I love it! I am just wondering if it takes awhile for your skin to stop flaking like this even when using Jojoba Oil. I am using a lot of it at night because I honestly don't care if my face is oily at night. I am also only applying BP at night which could be why my face is so dry in the morning. I would appreciate anybody's thoughts on this! Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 05/02/2014 6:04 pm

I don't find oils super moisturizing. Can you use vaseline without breakout out? If so I'd try something petroleum based.