Notifications
Clear all

Wait...what?

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 05/01/2014 7:16 pm

So someone told me that the bp from the regimen is preventing my hyperpigmentation spots to go away?....CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT??

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/01/2014 9:35 pm

read up on it, there are various opinions on this, but for me I agree, I am NOT a BP fan for many reasons, I hated the bleached sheets, towels, clothes

for me mandelic acid first for 15-20 min (from garden of wisdom) followed by a salicylic acd/tea tree oil mixture works wonders, no it won't work for everyone but for me it does, and both acids actual HELP with hyperpigmentation AND active acne

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 05/04/2014 9:07 am

Well thanks/: but I think I'm gonna stick with the regimen and hopefully my spots will fade, too.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 05/04/2014 11:51 am

Good title ,you made me so courios i was like what's going onnn.

BP prevents hyperpigmentation as in no acne no spots but it does not treat them.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 05/05/2014 7:17 pm

Oh... but what I heard was that the bp STOPS the spots from fading

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 05/06/2014 6:20 am

I wouldn't say stop perhaps it makes them to fade at a slower rate and it also makes them look redeer than usual.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 05/07/2014 4:00 pm

Oh I see...do you guys know anything that I can use to get rid of those hyperpigmentation spots?

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 05/09/2014 12:38 pm

Benzoyl peroxide promotes hyperpigmentation, yo. Esp in darker skin tones.

Retin-a for hyperpigmentation. Or Azelaic acid.

Wear a sunscreen err'day too.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/09/2014 4:14 pm

How's your scarring doing, nope.avi?

MemberMember
(@timelysprouts)

Posted : 05/09/2014 4:49 pm

In a way yea since bp applied directly to scars will cause a minor chemical burn thatll prolong healing but only if the bps really concentrated. Salicylic acid to fade the scars should help

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 05/09/2014 4:53 pm

BP worsens hyperpigmentation for some people - like me :(

But if you're on the regimen the AHA treatment should take care of it. That's really great at evening your skin

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 05/11/2014 8:38 am

Okay guys...youre scaring me about bp causing cancer and all so please just TRY to be supportive? thanks...A LOT-.-

MemberMember
(@organizedchaos)

Posted : 05/11/2014 11:08 am

BP does not cause cancer, it's "safe and effective" according to the FDA. It does prolong hyperpigmentation (for me at least) but I think it's worth it because it prevents acne from forming in the first place.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 05/11/2014 11:55 am

All these people here are trying to help you and give you adivce and all you do is being ironic.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 05/12/2014 7:15 am

bp is fine just keep using the regimen im on my 3rd week and its working really well and preventing new ones so good , also i have asian pale skin

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 05/12/2014 9:36 am

How's your scarring doing, nope.avi?

Pretty good, not thinking about it these days and am more or less satisfied with my dermastamp improvements.

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 05/13/2014 5:52 am

If you're only using 2.5% i'd say that the increased healing time for marks would be minimal. To be fair having red marks for a little longer is far better than active acne.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 05/13/2014 4:59 pm

All these people here are trying to help you and give you adivce and all you do is being ironic.

Was I talking to you? Nope. Okay,then. That's what I thought.

And thank you guys!! i guess i do understand that hyperpigmentation is better than acne in this case!

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 05/26/2014 9:23 am

Okay first of all, I'm not 12 honey. Okay? At least being 15 is better than being a 60 year old pedophile trying to find someone to flirt with on an ACNE WEBSITE. You can do better.