Notifications
Clear all

Feeling The Need For Support

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/01/2014 6:51 pm

Hi guys and gals. I've been a member here for a few years and this community had given me so much! It's great to show you guys the real me (wonky emotions and all) and feel as if i'm not being judged. While having this online community has been God sent, i am interested in making more concrete connections with others who are struggling with acne as well as the psychological side of acne. This could mean phone calls, texts, skyping and hopefully meetups in the future for fun stuff. I made a really great friend here from the UK and would love to have that again with people that are closer to me (stateside). A little about me and my situation. Acne since 15, i'm 30 now. Tried a ton of stuff (see sig) and recently i've been on The Regimen (1 yr). Ultimately, its not working so well so i'm mulling a change. I'm in such a good place in my life with other areas but this skin thing has a way of really coloring my perception.

If anyone from the NY area or anywhere else is interested in building connections, let me know

BTW, my name is Sascha

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/01/2014 10:17 pm

I'm not in NYC, but if you are ever in Florida let me know :) I hope you figure out a regimen that works for you...it takes a lot of trial and error sometimes. I'm the same age as you btw... when will we grow out of it?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/02/2014 5:42 pm

Thanks Wish Clean. Your advice is a good one. I like your holistic approach to dealing with acne. I have a derm appt on Tuesday and i have also ordered fermentated cod liver oil which is supposedly good for acne and eczema. I'm not sure whats next for me but i feel sad and depressed about it. If you're up for a chat sometime, let me know

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/02/2014 6:58 pm

Hey, Ohio here. But just wanted to say I know exactly how you feel. I just finished my second course of Accutane a couple months ago and Im still breaking out.. Dont give up though somethings bound to work eventually!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/02/2014 7:01 pm

Thanks for the kind words hun. It's difficulty to keep on keeping on but i suppose we all must. Sorry that accutane didn't do it for you. What's your next step?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/02/2014 7:07 pm

I really dont know. My face is really sensitive to everything especially after Accutane and I hate putting topicals on it. I started taking 5000IU of Vit B3 and 2000 Vit C and I believe it has cut down my oily skin a lot so Im hoping I get improvement with acne as well.

I noticed you listed Sprio as things you havent tried. Why dont you give that a try? I hear tons of success stories with that on here.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/03/2014 7:01 pm

Good Luck with the supplements. I've experimented diligently with quite a few to no avail but i have taken back up with vitamin D as i am deficient in that. I also recently ordered Fermented Cod Liver Oil which i hear is good for skin health and eczema but i'm not expecting much. I definitely will ask about SPIRO on my next derm visit.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/04/2014 12:11 pm

I'm surprised there aren't many responses for this. People state all the time they want to make connections. But anyway, i plan to keep this up in case anyone is interested

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 05/04/2014 1:13 pm

i think it would be cool to make a more tight knit community on here! im from california but im going to college in minnesota :)

yeah i agree, i didnt like what the regimen did to my skin. the benzoyl peroxide was so harsh and kind of fried my skin, and the moisturizer kind of just sat on top of all the dryness.

you should definitely try spiro! im on it right now and its actually working really well for me. my mom had really bad acne and apparently the derm told her that her body makes a lot of male hormones, so i assumed its a similar situation for me. birth control pills have estrogen, while spiro blocks androgen receptors so i thought it would be more effective than birth control. or at least thats what i think, ive only just read things on the internet haha. good luck!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/05/2014 4:46 pm

Well i'm looking into the possibility of asking my derm for it tomorrow. I'm not 100% sure if my acne is hormonal in the true sense of the word but since i have tried everything including the much hyped accutane, it may be worth trying so i can rule it out. Birth control is out of the question for me (never again i tell you). If i can't get spiro then maybe i'll try saw palmetto.....who knows.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 05/05/2014 5:08 pm

I'm surprised there aren't many responses for this. People state all the time they want to make connections. But anyway, i plan to keep this up in case anyone is interested

I'm sorry, but I can't do much. I don't live in the US.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/05/2014 6:00 pm

I'm sorry, but I can't do much. I don't live in the US.

no worries.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/10/2014 12:35 pm

I'm sitting in Central Park right now and just taking the time to admire the beauty of nature. Anyone in NY up for doing this on a weekend?

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 05/10/2014 1:18 pm

Cannot make it to Central park. Would love to. I've been there before and it was delightful.

Unfortunately I live in Canada.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/11/2014 11:52 am

Cannot make it to Central park. Would love to. I've been there before and it was delightful.

Unfortunately I live in Canada.

Well if you're ever in the NY area, feel free to PM me

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/27/2014 7:56 pm

Bump