Notifications
Clear all

Can Dermarolling Or Dermastamping Cause More Scarring?

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 05/01/2014 7:06 am

Has anyone heard of demarolling or stamping causing more scarring?

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/01/2014 8:14 am

I definitely have seen people post that it made their skin/scars worse. Perhaps someone with experience can chime in on why they think that is.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/01/2014 10:42 am

nah there's no way unless you used unsteralized/bent/old needles

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/01/2014 12:22 pm

if you do something without studying the proper use and care, then yes anything is possible

the risk of making things worse goes down dramatically when one is educated, read up everything on this site and on owndoc.com

then start slow, I used a 0.5mm stamp for over a year on my face, and just recently moved up to 0.1mm....

so be smart, go slow and be patient, the results are slow and steady, but it's cheap and it works

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/01/2014 1:25 pm

I am about to start with a .5mm. How were your results? Can I ask how you sanitized? I haven't started because I keep reading conflicting things on what to do.

if you do something without studying the proper use and care, then yes anything is possible

the risk of making things worse goes down dramatically when one is educated, read up everything on this site and on owndoc.com

then start slow, I used a 0.5mm stamp for over a year on my face, and just recently moved up to 0.1mm....

so be smart, go slow and be patient, the results are slow and steady, but it's cheap and it works

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 05/01/2014 9:30 pm

i think it has helped mine

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/01/2014 9:31 pm

I swish the stamp in hot soapy water first, with antibacterial soap, then rinse with hot water and soak overnight in isopropyl alcohol

no problems at all...and I stamped aggressively 6 times on each scar then followed up with either SB copper peptides or owndoc.com copper peptides immeadiately after....I did this every 10 days for over a year, now I use the 1.0 mm stamp about every month

no question that the scars I've been stamping are smoother, I had depressed scarring, not ice picks

so it's slow and steady but it works for me anyway...but read up on it and go slow, see what your skin tolerates, you can't assume anything, so be smart and there won't be any problems

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/02/2014 9:19 am

Thank you. What do you clean your face hand beforehand?