Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rynnyc

Adult Acne, Looking For A Dermatologist In Nyc

Hi all,

I have been turning to acne.org for the past seven years, ever since my first major breakout. I have never posted, but used other contributor's stories to help myself get through tough times with my acne. I have been using the regimen now for seven years, and I'd like to think that it has helped keep major breakouts at bay, although I do suffer from more than an occasional breakout (cystic acne and scarring).

I'm 27 now, and starting to break out quite a bit again. The older I get, the tougher the pimples are to handle, and the darker the scars seem to get. I eat healthy, take vitamins + supplements, exercise daily, sleep well and use The Neutrogena complete acne therapy system twice a day (I've been using this product for the past 6 years). I'm well aware that there are plenty of things that contribute to acne, but I feel like I am doing everything I can to prevent.

I've never seen a dermatologist before. It was hard for me to swallow my pride and admit that I needed professional help. I'm finally ready to get assessed and hear what a professional has to say.

Can anyone recommend a Dermatologist in New York City? What should I expect from a first consultation?

Thanks in advance.

Ryan