Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi! I am a 17 year old male with moderate acne mainly on my cheeks. I have had acne since I was 13 and it has gotten progressively worse. I have very little back acne too. I went to see the derm and was prescribed Ziana. I used it once daily at night on my face. I have been using it for 5 weeks and haven't seen an improvement. And I may know why.... Right as I started Ziana, about a week into I switched cleanser to Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. I think the SLS in it is prolonging and irritating my acne. I heard about how chemically Cetaphil isn't good for skin. I am looking for a new cleanser! I don't want any acne meds in it as I don't want it to interfere with the ziana. I need to be able to use 2x daily. What can you suggest? Also, how long should Ziana take to work? I have been religiously applying it once daily for 5 weeks now with no improvement. I wash my face 2x a day and moisturize, don't pick at acne, eat somewhat healthy, swim 3x a week and drink a TON of water. Why do I still have acne? and lastly, I have a lot of red marks left behind from old acne...even when I don't pick or touch zits still seem to leave a red mark...what can I do to get rid of these marks?? THANKS SO MUCH Teenwithacne2014