Notifications
Clear all

Adding A Home Dermaroller To My Routine

MemberMember
(@usefultoast)

Posted : 04/29/2014 4:20 am

Hi guys, I'm 17 and I've had pretty severe acne for a couple of years now and its finally clearing up since I've been on the regimen for about 3 months now. My skin is looking a LOT better and I'm really happy for that but since its cleared up I've realised just how much scarring I have left over. I don't really have any really severe scars from what I can tell but just a LOT of red marks, pretty much all over my face, and a bit of hyperpigmentation. I've been using AHA+ from about the 1 month mark and also Jojoba oil from the start, and it is making a big difference but I still feel like my skin is terrible.

I've read a bit about these home dermarollers and the theory behind them seems pretty sound and a lot of people say they work, so I think its worth a try. I don't know which one to get though and I was hoping someone would be able to point me to one of the best quality ones, preferably from Amazon.

I also want to buy another oil (or cream, but preferably something natural) which is specifically to heal skin, to apply after using the dermaroller.

I've read good things about Sea Buckthorn oil and Tamanu Oil, but I've read good things about all of them so I'd love to get some recommendations on what to get.

Also when I get these, how should I add them into my current routine?

At the moment its, every morning and night - Cleanser, BP treatment, and a mix of moisturiser/Jojoba oil in the morning and mix of moisturiser/AHA+/Jojoba oil at night. If I added a dermaroller (probably 3 times a week, nights only?) and another oil would that just be too much? If so what should I drop? If not, where in my routine should I add those in? I was thinking - Cleanser, Dermaroller (on the nights I use it) BP, new oil, moisturiser or AHA+. Using the dermaroller before the rest would be good because it would let them get deeper into my skin right.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks a lot!

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 04/29/2014 8:21 am

Apply vit. C serum or do microdermabrasion in certified clinic...

MemberMember
(@usefultoast)

Posted : 04/30/2014 2:58 am

Apply vit. C serum or do microdermabrasion in certified clinic...

Thanks, I've seen that mentioned a bit.

I was thinking something more like Sea buckthorn oil (or another one) which has vit C but also some other stuff, like I read this about it - "This is an oil rich in Vitamin A, C, B1-2 and E, which has an amazing effect on healing damaged skin. Since acne scars are caused by skin damage, this is a great healer with lots of anti-inflammatory properties"

Or maybe Rosehips seed Oil - "There are lots of Vitamin A and retinoic acid in this oil, which is absolutely brilliant for reducing scar pigmentation and repairing damaged skin"

I'd love to get microdermabrasion in a proper clinic but I just don't have the money so I think I'll just buy a home dermaroller, found a couple of ones with really good reviews on Amazon, not sure what size to start with though. maybe 0.5mm or 1mm. Could anyone recommend a good starting size? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@usefultoast)

Posted : 05/01/2014 5:15 am

Anyone?... surely someones used one

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 05/01/2014 10:10 am

I have had homerolled on my temple more a week ago, 1.5 lenght I dony think it helps my redness or scars.

MemberMember
(@usefultoast)

Posted : 05/07/2014 6:04 pm

I have had homerolled on my temple more a week ago, 1.5 lenght I dony think it helps my redness or scars.

thanks for your reply. I've already ordered one so I guess I'll give it a shot.

Could someone please help me set up an effective routine?

The products I've got are acne.org Cleanser, Treatment, Moisturiser, AHA+ and Jojoba oil, and also Tamanu Oil and a home dermaroller.

I'm thinking most days - Cleanser > Treatment > a mix of moisturiser/Jojoba/tamanu oil and use the dermaroller around 3 times a week and use the AHA+ the days after dermarolling.

Would this work or is it using too much products or is there any better ways to use those products? Also how should I mix the moisturiser/jojoba/Tamanu like what ratio of each.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@pedro247)

Posted : 05/23/2014 10:59 am

would also like to know this.. bump!