Notifications
Clear all

Make Up For Ever Hd Foundation -

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 04/28/2014 8:17 pm

Has anyone tried the MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation?.... Is it acne safe? I Really want to try this foundation out but Afraid of it causing breakouts.

If you have tried this foundation or have anything to say please share! <3

post-384762-0-81484600-1398734149.jpg

post-384762-0-81484600-1398734149.jpg

MemberMember
(@skybronte)

Posted : 04/28/2014 10:35 pm

I haven't tried it but i know a lot of people have used it with acne because it was high coverage and wouldn't break them out.

Hopefully someone who has tried it can give your their experience, but if you have a sephora, ultra, macy's that carries it, ask for a sample! use that in a certain spot for a couple of days and see if it breaks you out that way you don't waste money! also sephora accepts opened makeup back so if you buy it online, etc. and it breaks you out you can just return it!

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 04/28/2014 10:51 pm

Thank you! :) I hadn't thought of using a sample...silly me. This was helpful to me!

MemberMember
(@skybronte)

Posted : 04/29/2014 1:02 am

Thank you! I hadn't thought of using a sample...silly me. This was helpful to me!

No problem! Happy to help (:

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 04/29/2014 5:20 pm

I love love love love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! I've used it for the past 4 years now and I think it's the best foundation out there (for me). I use it with the MUFE HD primer (#1) and together my makeup stays put all day. The coverage is great! It's so buildable that you can go from medium to full coverage just by applying more layers. I've only recently gotten clear so I've been using MUFE when I had active acne too. I don't think wearing make up helped my skin, but it definitely didn't make my skin worse. I never broke out from it, it never irritated my skin, and it would stay on all day. The only thing I would say is that it can feel a little heavy on your skin if you're layering for full coverage. One pump is usually enough for anyone (if not too much) so the bottle will last you a while. I would definitely recommend you give it a try! :)

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 04/30/2014 9:14 am

I love love love love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! I've used it for the past 4 years now and I think it's the best foundation out there (for me). I use it with the MUFE HD primer (#1) and together my makeup stays put all day. The coverage is great! It's so buildable that you can go from medium to full coverage just by applying more layers. I've only recently gotten clear so I've been using MUFE when I had active acne too. I don't think wearing make up helped my skin, but it definitely didn't make my skin worse. I never broke out from it, it never irritated my skin, and it would stay on all day. The only thing I would say is that it can feel a little heavy on your skin if you're layering for full coverage. One pump is usually enough for anyone (if not too much) so the bottle will last you a while. I would definitely recommend you give it a try!

Thank you! This helped me a bunch! I will definitely give this a whirl! Going to get my hands on a sample of this :)

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/06/2014 11:15 am

i used to use this stuff back in the day before i had scarring and it was pretty good foundation. the coverage was pretty decent and it never caused any breakouts for me.

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 05/09/2014 9:44 am

i used to use this stuff back in the day before i had scarring and it was pretty good foundation. the coverage was pretty decent and it never caused any breakouts for me.

Thanks! :D

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/09/2014 3:08 pm

Id probably recommend the makeup forever matt velvet instead of the HD foundation. It is non-comedogenic and is aimed towards people with oily/combination skin.

It gives me medium-full coverage when applied with a flat top kabuki brush, I really like it.

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 05/12/2014 1:38 pm

Id probably recommend the makeup forever matt velvet instead of the HD foundation. It is non-comedogenic and is aimed towards people with oily/combination skin.

It gives me medium-full coverage when applied with a flat top kabuki brush, I really like it.

I was looking at that. :) Thank you!

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 05/16/2014 10:07 am

I recently got some of this- I like it quite a bit. It has good coverage and doesn't break me out. Though as much as I initially loved it, I can't seem to get it to stop settling into pores, even with three different primers :(.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/16/2014 12:31 pm

sometimes with my make-up i have that issue as well but most of the time its because my moisturizer has not fully dried before i apply my foundation. i have tried so many primers but they do nothing but slide off my skin and make me look even greasier. how did you apply it? i like to use my hands but sometimes i use a kabuki brush in the areas where i have bigger pores. when its warm outside i don't like to use anything on my face after washing besides the foundation so you could experiment and see what works for you.

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 05/16/2014 8:13 pm

sometimes with my make-up i have that issue as well but most of the time its because my moisturizer has not fully dried before i apply my foundation. i have tried so many primers but they do nothing but slide off my skin and make me look even greasier. how did you apply it? i like to use my hands but sometimes i use a kabuki brush in the areas where i have bigger pores. when its warm outside i don't like to use anything on my face after washing besides the foundation so you could experiment and see what works for you.

I apply moisturizer, wait a few minutes, apply primer, wait a few more minutes, and then do foundation. I normally do that all while I'm making coffee and breakfast to pass the time :P. I can't say I've had the best success with primers (the ones I fall in love with break me out), but I prefer the look of having them on as opposed to not using any. I use hands for foundation and a little brush for concealer. I only do foundation on my nose, cheeks, and chin because I like it to look really natural and blended with my skin.. but that's hard to do with this foundation because it settles so bad :(. It looks great except for the areas it sinks into the pores. I can't figure it out. I've never had this bad of settling issues. It might be because my skin is drier nowadays.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/28/2014 10:43 pm

Pros: Excellent coverage, luminous finish, long wearing,

Cons: Not enough shades

I think that it's an excellent makeup. It does cover very nicely and blends very well on acne bumps. I will not wear it anymore mainly because of one ingredient; Butylene Glycol. It really breaks me out. I was dissapointed because I really thought it provides really good coverage. I heard good things about Mat Velvet , that's probably the only other brand I can use. Mostly high-end products don't have that ingredient so :/

Here are the ingredients in case you're curious:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 05/29/2014 11:29 pm

Pros: Excellent coverage, luminous finish, long wearing,

Cons: Not enough shades

I think that it's an excellent makeup. It does cover very nicely and blends very well on acne bumps. I will not wear it anymore mainly because of one ingredient; Butylene Glycol. It really breaks me out. I was dissapointed because I really thought it provides really good coverage. I heard good things about Mat Velvet , that's probably the only other brand I can use. Mostly high-end products don't have that ingredient so :/

Here are the ingredients in case you're curious:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Thanks! <3

MemberMember
(@cherice95405)

Posted : 06/01/2014 8:31 am

That make up has Sodium Chloride, which is a pore clogging ingredient. The only foundation in that line that is "safe" is

MAKE UP FOR EVER

Face & Body Liquid Makeup

This is one of this lists I consult when looking at ingredients [Removed]

Cherice

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/12/2014 6:50 pm

On 6/1/2014 at 7:31 PM, cherice95405 said:

That make up has Sodium Chloride, which is a pore clogging ingredient. The only foundation in that line that is "safe" is

MAKE UP FOR EVER

Face & Body Liquid Makeup

This is one of this lists I consult when looking at ingredients [Removed]

Cherice

That may be true, but every single person I know that uses this has never broken out. It is designed to never cause break outs.

As for the MUFE HD Foundation, I use it, and I love it. It blends very well with stippling brushes and the beauty blender. Lasts long too! It is more for combination/normal/oily skin, not for dry skin. It does emphasize dry patches. Get a Sephora consultant to match your color.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 07/12/2014 8:26 pm

Makeup forever HD is definitely not aimed for combo/oily skin it has a dewy-ish finish to it if im correct making it anyone with oily skins worst nightmare!

MemberMember
(@kool2k00)

Posted : 07/16/2014 6:54 pm

Try it and see if it works for you -

Personally, absolute best liquid foundation I ever used. Made my skin look perfect, never caused any problems.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/16/2014 7:58 pm

Makeup forever HD is definitely not aimed for combo/oily skin it has a dewy-ish finish to it if im correct making it anyone with oily skins worst nightmare!

What? Really? I have super oily skin and it has a matte finish on me eusa_think.gif