Notifications
Clear all

How To Clear Out Excessive Sebum?

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/28/2014 6:57 pm

I'm left with terrible skin and TONS of sebum(?) (Its too late to take a picture now) filaments. And a few (~3) blackheads.

They are like super enlarged pores and stuffed with sebum. They are all over my face and makes the skin look terrible.

Some (most of the ones on my forehead) cannot be squeezed, or at least not with my bear hands; nothing comes out. May be ice pick scars.

Jojoba oil seems to be working, but slowly. The overall skin is improving VERY slowly, but it's getting better and better. And I bet eventually it will all get out, but that can take years.

How can I speed up this process?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/29/2014 3:37 pm

Any permanent solution to excess sebum will not be topical. The jojoba oil will alleviate the problem somewhat, but it's a temporary effect. In my experience, poor diet/vitamin deficiencies and benzoyl peroxide use are two things that contributed to my oily skin problem. You could look into Vitamin D and pantethine (NOT pantothenic acid) but a good nutritional profile across the board is really essential to fixing this.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/30/2014 11:13 am

Any permanent solution to excess sebum will not be topical. The jojoba oil will alleviate the problem somewhat, but it's a temporary effect. In my experience, poor diet/vitamin deficiencies and benzoyl peroxide use are two things that contributed to my oily skin problem. You could look into Vitamin D and pantethine (NOT pantothenic acid) but a good nutritional profile across the board is really essential to fixing this.

Thanks, the cause of the problem isn't there any more. Its more filled with bacteria and stiff material; when I get it out, it will be gone (if it isnt done by just removing it). 🙂 Just need to make the process go faster.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 04/30/2014 11:22 am

Salicylic acid might be good for this. Make sure the jojoba oil isn't making things worse. It can be clogging for some.