Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

Never ever ever dry out an Acne Lesion

Hey guys...I have this ZIT, which is like a big whitehead, along my jaw. I can already see it trying to rear its ugly head out. It's quite big. I

decided to put some BP on top of it. It hasn't popped yet. IS this

okay to do? And when it does start to crust or even pop, do I stop

putting BP on it and add something else like a Puredeming Intense Gel moisturizer?

Hey guys...I have this ZIT, which is like a big whitehead, along my jaw. I can already see it trying to rear its ugly head out. It's quite big. I

decided to put some BP on top of it. It hasn't popped yet. IS this

okay to do? And when it does start to crust or even pop, do I stop

putting BP on it and add something else like a  Puredeming Intense Gel moisturizer?

I have a question.. Do you think it would be ok to use BP or Sulfur and then use a moisturizer right afterwards?

Another question.. In order to prevent scarring.. Is Popping a zit when the white heads come to the surface a definite No NO? even if you keep the wound moist afterwards?

I am currently using Hazelnut OIl with Clarifying Synergy which contains a bunch of goodies for the skin.. so im hopeing this alone will help..But i want the zits to die.. YOu think it will be safe to use with BP?

VERY VERY VERY TRUE!!!!! do not dry your face because that will just lead to scarring. DONT OVERDUE IT WITH PRODUCTS.

OMG, this thread is probably the most helpful thread ever and it makes perfect sense...Im soo mad I didnt know this sooner....Anyway, I never ever used to scar when i had pimples..anyway, all of a sudden I started breaking out on my face and so I was using bp in the morning and Vitamin A cream at night (Retinoin cream or whatever its called) and so my face was really dry and sensitive...anyway I didnt have as many pimples...but it seemed that everytime a pimple would heal it would leave an indent and a red mark because i would dry it up with bp and vitamin A cream so it had no time to form a scab and heal properly...anyway, i dont know why the derm dosnt tell you this especially if you have really sensitive skin like I do...their soo caught up on drying out ones face...dont get me wrong I think bp and Vit A cream are great but as soon as a pimple starts to heal I think you should apply morning and night a small amount of polysporin...forget about all that other stuff, whether it be oil, special creams...anyway, thats my advice....

Do you guys think that I should apply the polysporin as soon as I see a new pimple surface onto my skin or wait until its in its healing stage???

Thanks

If the zit has popped definitely put something like polysporin. If it hasn't popped I would try putting lavendar oil on it. It has worked good for my pregnancy zitty rash, it cleared the zits and they didn't scar! They weren't cysts but very stubborn because I just kept breaking out over and over in the same area. German chammomile is good too. You can go to Bath and body and buy some oil and mix combos yourself.

Thanks for the info Tricia.....another thing I wanted to point out is that Polysporin not only acts as a taugh moisturizer but it is also known to minimize and prevent scarring...well atleast thats what it says on the label...anyway the bottom line is that its problably the best stuff out there for this kind of thing and remember when using polysporin on your face that a little bit goes a long way...hope this helps

Lack of moisture is what caused me to scar up a few years ago. When I used this product from the derm and my skin was constantly dried up, I racked up a ton of scars.

The issue I have with Neosporin or anything like that is the sheer GREASINESS of it that causes me to break out even more. I've found that Spenco Second Skin works just as well, isn't greasy and doesn't cause me to break out.