Notifications
Clear all

After Coming Off Diane-35...

MemberMember
(@gong)

Posted : 04/26/2014 1:40 am

Hi all,

I have been in this site as a reader for around a year now... and I promised myself that if I got better from my acne I would explain my story, so here it goes :).

I started developing a chin/jawline acne when I was 20 years old...I never had any acne problemes before as a teenager, just the usual spotting here and there. So when it happen, I visited a dermathologist who gave me antibiotics, minocin...and in a month or two it cleared up. Then, at around 23 it came back again...so after visiting some doctors they put me in Diane-35, and ooh boy...after 4-5 months, it did wonders! My face was really good...so I kept taking the pill up until I turned 26, when I thought it was time to stop because probably my acne was gone...well...not really...after around 4-5 months my acne was slowly coming back, so I got scared and I decided to go back again with Diane...At 29 I decided to stop...I did not like to depend on the pill...even if tha implied my face looking not so good....After 3-4 months off the pill, my acne came back with vengance... I had big cysts -not painful but huge, like big bumps- which took forever to heal...and my confidence start going downhill....then I started researching....I tried drinking/eating lemons in the morning and night for a month- didn't help...I tried to eat really well - no sugars, no gluten, limited coffee and milk, nothing fried, good fats and lots of vegies- and apple cider vinegar before meals...My acne became slightly different with the diet, less cysts, and it healed faster, but still..it was there ad I was getting new spots everyday....

Then I started taking vitamins-D+ calcium+ zinc+ EPO+ milk thisle- and vitex...I have been taking all of this now for 3 months- and my chin acne slowly cleared up...still I had occasionally acne in the chin..but the acne went to my cheeks and my jawline... so I introduced saw palmetto 3 weeks ago and DIM 2 weeks ago, after reading about Diane being anti androgenic I thought maybe saw palmetto would give me some of the anti androgenics benefits... so I started with low dosage, around 100mg per day for around 2 weeks and since 2/3days I increased to 300mg per day. I can not say I am cured yet, but I can say that I have not had a new spot in a week or two, and the existing acne is drying up and healing...even my flatmate comented on looking like my acne is healing and drying up yesterday...I am not sure what is the exact reason but I would bet is either Saw palmetto or DIM, because before introducing them I was not seing any major results....

I am not saying that the Saw palmetto might be your cure, but if you were with Diane for a few years like me and now you want to go off it..please consider trying the saw palmetto...I am so happy I did...I think I am seing the light at the end of the tunnel...I will keep you posted! I hope the story helps and sorry for my english mistakes :D

I forgot to mention that at night and morning I put tea tree oil in my moisture cream.

all the best of luck!!

WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@aleenymo)

Posted : 04/26/2014 2:01 am

Hi, that is great to hear.

I have just started taking Estelle-35 (same as Diane-35) and reading about post-pill break outs has scared me quite a bit. I'm glad to hear that there might be a way to solve this problem. Please keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/26/2014 7:12 pm

It sounds like you are doing all the right things...you may not even need all the supplements and herbs, but you'll have to figure out which ones work and which don't. The goal is to take as few as possible so that your liver won't have to be overloaded with breaking them down. vitex is better to be taken in liquid form,in my experience. And DIM seems to be more suitable for women than saw palmetto, again in my experience because I have tried both.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/01/2014 10:26 am

I was on diane 35 and kept me clear 7 years after stopping it!!!! Now, i have mild to moderate acne again and i combine saw palmetto and vitex. I still break out, but maybe it is the body getting used to this combination, as i added vitex just two months ago. However, my pms is significantly improved, so i guess the supps do work to an extend....