Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mimochi

Hyperpigmentation Turning Purple. (Picture)

Posted

Hi everyone, I'm new here. In fact, I created an account today because I am in desperate need of advice. I'll show you a picture first to get you excited.

post-392551-0-87658500-1398403537.jpg

I am a very hygienic person that washes their face twice a day. My moisturizer does not break me out, I wash my makeup brushes frequently, I drink a lot of water, and eat nutritious food. I don't have a huge problem with giant pimples, but I just get red marks without ever having a pimple. When my skin was at my worst, I saw a derm that prescribed me Differin. It burned my skin and was very irritating, although my red marks did go away. To heck with Differin.

Anyway, my issue: 6 days ago, I switched from Purpose gentle face wash with the pump to CeraVe foaming facial cleanser. I've heard amazing things about this cleanser due to its ceramides and hyaluronic acid, and its benefits for acne-prone skin. So I started using it along with my Dermalogica Active Moist, which has been my trusty moisturizer for my oily skin.

I went to work yesterday, came home, took my makeup off, and my worst spot has turned DARK PURPLE that same day. I gently rubbed my finger over it and I feel a very slight bump that might be the head of a pimple deep down somewhere.

Now, I'm wondering if my cleanser is the culprit. I did not get new pimples, but everything I already had seems to be accentuated now. *sigh*

Is it possible that it's my skin "getting worse before it gets better"? I don't know if it's the hyaluronic acid exfoliating my skin and exposing the crud that has been underneath everything this whole time, or what. I'm HOPING that's what it is.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

post-392551-0-87658500-1398403537.jpg