Notifications
Clear all

If You're Even A Tiny Bit Lactose Intolerant, Don't Play With Dairy

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 04/24/2014 5:08 pm

Sigh. I'm hating myself so much right now.

I am slightly lactose intolerant and can handle the occasional dairy. I recently got the idea that adding a little delicious, high quality butter to my oatmeal wouldn't hurt. I did this for two weeks and now my face is inflamed. I went from clear to having 8 painful nodules on my face.

Lesson learned.

Are you lactose intolerant? Ever had a similar experience?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/24/2014 5:58 pm

Story of my life!

I kind of new this before i got my allergy test a year and a half ago- but it makes life sometimes difficult..... no, not sometimes, all the time!

Like i walk past the ice cream parlor on campus- and im like "my life sucks" - i want cheese on my flatbread- nope, cant have that either.

I love- love - love iced coffees, and lattees - but i cant ( even if i swap out to lactose free milk- i cant have coffee to begin with too!) hah

Not only does my face get inflamed- and my forhead is itchy- it ermmm... how do i say this in words not to offend the reader- makes my digestive system out of wack!)

I remember 2 months ago i got a lattee at a cafe in town- Ohhh man was it beautiful! No more than 30 minutes later im in the bathroom- this descriptive story will end there obviously because you get the point!

It flares my rosacea ( yeah forgot to mention i have rosacea)

I also cant have soy, or almonds because of allergy too- so i guess no alternatives besides nasty rice milk

cant have oats either... or yeast (i cheat on this though sometimes) along with many other allergies like bananas, all citrus fruits, apples, pear...

Wah - but ive lived with it for awile so- its nothing new in my life.

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 04/25/2014 5:19 pm

Story of my life!

....it ermmm... how do i say this in words not to offend the reader- makes my digestive system out of wack!)

Same here! It's totally unfair. What's life without butter and milk?

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 05/04/2014 1:30 am

Have you tried life without outmeal? That's an awkward combination of huge carbs and fat.

MemberMember
(@heh2)

Posted : 05/05/2014 8:14 am

i've recently started drinking a lot of OAT MILK with added calcium + vitamin D & B and it has not been just a good substitute for milk, but also made my skin better. you people should give it a try at least.